Editing Global Address List Properties

Post by CyberCente » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I just read in PC Week about a utility from Microsoft named
galuser32.exe the allows users to edit their own Global Address Book
properties. Cant seem to find it. Anybody heard of this?

Editing Global Address List Properties

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

That's GALMOD32 and you can find it in the resource kit or possible download
it from the Exchange Web site.

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP

Exchange FAQ at   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
                               http://www.exchangefaq.org

Quote:> I just read in PC Week about a utility from Microsoft named
> galuser32.exe the allows users to edit their own Global Address Book
> properties. Cant seem to find it. Anybody heard of this?

Editing Global Address List Properties

Post by mindspring new » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

That is in the back office resource kit for clarification.

Editing Global Address List Properties

Post by Marshall R. Madole, MCS » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

GALMOD & GALMOD32 are both in the BackOffice Resource Kit.  The difference
is that GALMOD32 allows the user to modify the Custom Attributes in addition
to the regular attributes (phone, office, assistant, etc.).  Users can only
change their own attributes, not someone else's.  Also,  It requires you to
use the Admin program in Raw mode to edit a few of the attributes to allow
users to modify their own.  Please read the instructions included very
carefully.

--
Marshall R. Madole
Century Technologies

Quote:> I just read in PC Week about a utility from Microsoft named
> galuser32.exe the allows users to edit their own Global Address Book
> properties. Cant seem to find it. Anybody heard of this?

1. Can you edit a Global Address List from a workstation

I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I have
an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I have
a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make a
change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server, if
I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have given
myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from the
Exchange directory.

Is this even possible to do?

Thanks

2. cc:Mail Directory Synchronization

3. Editing the Global address list from the client

4. OWA And Win2K

5. user edit own information in global address list

6. ExMerge for Public Folders?

7. Can you edit an entrie in a Global Address list from a workstation

8. How to work off line

9. Editing Global Address List

10. Editing global address list

11. How to edit view in Global Address List?

12. Edit Global Address List

13. How do I edit the Global Address List?