Distribution List of Distribution Lists

Post by Mario Alcara » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I want to have my Distribution Lists with Delivery Restrictions.  The
problem is that if I create a DL that contains another DL and I have
permissions on the container DL but not in the other one, I receipt a NRD.

Something like this:

I have department X and depatment Y distribution List.  This lists can
accept messages only from their members.  But I want to create a List
containing both of them, with access just for Directors.

Any idea???

Thanks

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

>I want to have my Distribution Lists with Delivery Restrictions.  The
>problem is that if I create a DL that contains another DL and I have
>permissions on the container DL but not in the other one, I receipt a NRD.

>Something like this:

>I have department X and depatment Y distribution List.  This lists can
>accept messages only from their members.  But I want to create a List
>containing both of them, with access just for Directors.

Create a DL of director's mailboxes and place it into the Delivery
Restrictions tab on the three other DL's.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Moving Personal Distribution Lists to Gloabl Distribution Lists

I have created a set of Personal Distribution Lists and want to
Migrate them over to Global Distribution Lists
In Personal Distribution Lists you are able to go into Members
Add/Remove and edit and cut members from one group to another.
This however is not possible in the Global Distbution Lists

Does any body have any idea how I can do this, given I have full
privileges

Thanks

2. Moving from ex2000 back to 5.5

3. dif between distribution group and distribution list

4. Mysterious Email

5. programmatic modification of members of a distribution list (DL) on the global address list (GAL)

6. Forward Lookup Zones

7. Export a personal distribution list to exchange 5.5 public list

8. Is there a way to print out ALL of my users Internet email address's from Exchange?

9. Distribution List / Mailing List Software

10. Distribution List = Mainilg list?

11. Users AND distribution lists in the same adress list

12. Contact list / Distribution list help for e2k

13. Getting a list of Distribution Lists and their members