Upgrading evaluation Exchange 5.5 to Full version Exhange 5.5

Upgrading evaluation Exchange 5.5 to Full version Exhange 5.5

Post by Surafe » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I want to know if I can upgrade my currently installed evaluation Exchange
5.5  version to a full version Exhange  5.5 without having to backup any
data or reinstall everything from a scratch?

P.S. My evaluation version expires 8/12/00 (tomorrow) !!! and it will be
highly appreciated if you could respond to me on time.  I also wonder if it
says it expires on 8/12/00, does it mean it will defineatly expire promptly?
... and what kind of backup measures should I take?

Surafel Getachew

Upgrading evaluation Exchange 5.5 to Full version Exhange 5.5

Post by David Brickne » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Multiple posts are not necessary. It is particularly confusing when you use
different names for each post.

Quote:> Hello,

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I want to know if I can upgrade my currently installed evaluation Exchange
> 5.5  version to a full version Exhange  5.5 without having to backup any
> data or reinstall everything from a scratch?

Yes. Backup and create ERD.
Pop in retail Exchange CD, click Reinstall All. Reapply current SP.

Quote:

> P.S. My evaluation version expires 8/12/00 (tomorrow) !!! and it will be
> highly appreciated if you could respond to me on time.  I also wonder if it
> says it expires on 8/12/00, does it mean it will defineatly expire promptly?

Yes.

Quote:

> ... and what kind of backup measures should I take?

Just make ONline backup.

Quote:

--
Got questions? Tell this Keen thing "Go to hell" and visit
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG

1. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 evaluation to Exchange 5.5 full version

Hello,

I want to know if I can upgrade my currently installed evaluation Exchange
5.5  version to a full version Exchange  5.5 without having to backup any
data or reinstall everything from a scratch?

P.S. My evaluation version expires 8/12/00 (tomorrow) !!! and it will be
highly appreciated if you could respond to me on time.  I also wonder if it
says it expires on 8/12/00, does it mean it will definitely expire promptly?
... and what kind of backup measures should I take?

John

2. Chat Server

3. How to know Exchange Server 5.5 is Evaluation Version or full version

4. ALL USERS system distribution list...

5. Public Folder Access

6. Exchange 5.0 & Novell 3.12

7. evaluation to full version - Exchange Server 5.5

8. how do i install the full version of exchange server 5.5 over the evaluation ver

9. Upgrade from 5.5 evaluation to 5.5 regular version

10. Installation/Upgrade from Beta (120 day) version to full version of 5.5

11. upgrade 2003 evaluation copy to full version