OWA requires second logon

Post by Jason Cutaja » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have an exchange server 5.5 running sp2 and all is working fine, however
one small problem.  After you do your first login when using OWA, it takes
you to your mail box, however when you try and do something that requires a
second window in your browser to appear (ie new message ), it requires you
to login again.  After that you can send as many message as you like without
it asking for your username and password.

I can not see the reasong why you would need to enter in your details for a
second time.

Can anyone help??

Thanks,

Jay

OWA requires second logon

Post by Chris Schar » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

What happens if you reduce your security settings for that zone
(assuming you're using IE)?

Quote:>Hi,

>I have an exchange server 5.5 running sp2 and all is working fine, however
>one small problem.  After you do your first login when using OWA, it takes
>you to your mail box, however when you try and do something that requires a
>second window in your browser to appear (ie new message ), it requires you
>to login again.  After that you can send as many message as you like without
>it asking for your username and password.

>I can not see the reasong why you would need to enter in your details for a
>second time.

>Can anyone help??

>Thanks,

>Jay

OWA requires second logon

Post by Jason Cutaja » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

That was the first thing i tried...but no luck.

Jay

>What happens if you reduce your security settings for that zone
>(assuming you're using IE)?

>>Hi,

>>I have an exchange server 5.5 running sp2 and all is working fine, however
>>one small problem.  After you do your first login when using OWA, it takes
>>you to your mail box, however when you try and do something that requires
>>second window in your browser to appear (ie new message ), it requires you
>>to login again.  After that you can send as many message as you like
without
>>it asking for your username and password.

>>I can not see the reasong why you would need to enter in your details for
>>second time.

>>Can anyone help??

>>Thanks,

>>Jay

OWA requires second logon

Post by Bill Melod » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I can simulate that same quirk, but only if I am attempting to access OWA
with IE on the Exchange server itself. are you doing the same or can you
recreate this from multiple locations?

> That was the first thing i tried...but no luck.

> Jay

> >What happens if you reduce your security settings for that zone
> >(assuming you're using IE)?

> >>Hi,

> >>I have an exchange server 5.5 running sp2 and all is working fine,
however
> >>one small problem.  After you do your first login when using OWA, it
takes
> >>you to your mail box, however when you try and do something that
requires
> >>second window in your browser to appear (ie new message ), it requires
you
> >>to login again.  After that you can send as many message as you like
> without
> >>it asking for your username and password.

> >>I can not see the reasong why you would need to enter in your details
for
> >>second time.

> >>Can anyone help??

> >>Thanks,

> >>Jay

OWA requires second logon

Post by Jason Cutaja » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

It only appears in IE on any computer.  It even works fine in Netscape...

Jay

>I can simulate that same quirk, but only if I am attempting to access OWA
>with IE on the Exchange server itself. are you doing the same or can you
>recreate this from multiple locations?

>> That was the first thing i tried...but no luck.

>> Jay

>> >What happens if you reduce your security settings for that zone
>> >(assuming you're using IE)?

>however
>takes
>requires
>you
>> without

>for

1. OWA-logon required before logon screen appears

Hello,

Somehow, in taking care of the "Your password is about to expire in 0 days"
error, OWA is now requiring users to provide logon credentials BEFORE the
logon.asp appears, which pretty much defeats the purpose of annonymous access to
public folders.  To fix the password expiring problem, I changed the password for
IUSR_machinename in all of its' locations, as per Q236909, which did get rid of
the problem, only to give me this new one.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how I might fix it will be greatly
appreciated.

TIA

Terilyn

2. Exchange/Outlook 2002 HELP!!!!!!1

3. OWA logon - no domain required

4. Merge Distribution lists?

5. OWA requires user to logon each time they open a message

6. Eseutil for Exchange 5.5 -- trying to defrag database

7. OWA logon error. Cannot open OWA logon webpage

8. why I loss my permission?help me!

9. ECS Conference requires second password

10. Newsfeed requiring Logon

11. Logon required for NNTP

12. Newsfeed requiring Logon

13. Clients require username and password to logon to outlook