uppercase email addresses

Post by Jedd » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 00:57:03

I have a program called worldmerge that sends email through our exchange server.
Some where in the process the email addresses get transformed from uppercase to
lower case. Is this something exchange does? If so where do I set it?

uppercase email addresses

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:43:13

>I have a program called worldmerge that sends email through our exchange server.
>Some where in the process the email addresses get transformed from uppercase to
>lower case. Is this something exchange does? If so where do I set it?

Case is not significant when using SMTP. ABCD = abcd = AbCd = ABcd =
abCD = aBcD = etc.

Seeing what the IMS sees is easy enough. Use the SMTP Protocol Log.
But keep in mind that the IMS doesn't look at the message, just the
SMTP commands (RCPT TO, MAIL FROM, etc.). If the body of the message
is changing then I'd suspect the application or some other SMTP
server.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP