moving mailboxes to different volume

Post by tonys in hous » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 02:07:42

Im running exchange server 5.5sp3 on an NT4 box.  Currently exchange in on
the C: volume, this is fine, but I want to move the mailboxes, and public
folders to the F: volume. (more space)  The server is up and running but I
am one of only two people using the server.  (testing before final
migration)  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony Sarkisian
Network Engineer
ProductPOP! inc.

moving mailboxes to different volume

Post by Susan Conke » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 02:23:24

use the performance optimizer to move the databases...

>Im running exchange server 5.5sp3 on an NT4 box.  Currently exchange in on
>the C: volume, this is fine, but I want to move the mailboxes, and public
>folders to the F: volume. (more space)  The server is up and running but I
>am one of only two people using the server.  (testing before final
>migration)  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks

>Tony Sarkisian
>Network Engineer
>ProductPOP! inc.

1. move Storage Group to different volume?

Is there any easy way to move a Storage Group to another volume?  I am
running out of space.  It is currently on a basic volume and cannot be
converted to dynamic.  I have another volume on the same RAID 1 disk
array with enough room and have another disk not on the RAID
controller I could use but would rather not.

If I do an NT backup can I restore to the other volume?

Help, please.

2. Users Qouta

3. Moving priv.edb and pub.edb to a new volume

4. Please help. OWA 2000 stopped working.

5. How to move exchange server to a larger volume

6. Missing info in export file

7. Move Storage Group to new Volume?

8. Setup hung on post-installing when starting sevice 'rpcss'

9. Moving the public and private information stores to another volume

10. How To Move User Mailbox To Different Site

11. How to move mail items to different mailboxes using server scripting

12. Moving mailboxes to different recipient containers

13. Moving mailboxes from a different Site/Org