Network Encryption problem

Post by Vincent Wrigh » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 01:47:45

We are having a problem with users who have the network encryption ticked on
in Outlook.  When they start Outlook, it ask for the username, password, and
domain.  When they put the information in, it does not work.

If we untick the network encryption ticked off, it works fine.

This was working fine until we did some patch updates on Exchange.  Does
anyone have any idea what this is?

Since we work for the Navy, some of the users need this encryption, so we
cannot just turn it off.

Exchange Server 5.5 SP4
Windows NT 4.0 SP6a

Thanks,
Vincent

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:04:57

>We are having a problem with users who have the network encryption ticked on
>in Outlook.  When they start Outlook, it ask for the username, password, and
>domain.  When they put the information in, it does not work.

>If we untick the network encryption ticked off, it works fine.

>This was working fine until we did some patch updates on Exchange.  Does
>anyone have any idea what this is?

>Since we work for the Navy, some of the users need this encryption, so we
>cannot just turn it off.

The encryption is, I believe, a function of RPC, not Exchange.

You can try the RPING32C and RPINGS to verify that encrypted RPC is
working. You'll find them on the Exchange installation CD.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Password encryption during network logon via Internet

I was wondering if the password I supply to my NT server to validate my
user account while accessing Exchange server via the Internet is encrypted?
I have enabled the "Network security during logon" and "Encrypt
information" options. Does this prevent the transmission of clear text
passwords via the Internet?

Rob

2. japanese problem

3. Upgrading SP1 with low-encryption to SP1 with high-encryption

4. MTA doesn't dial

5. Message encryption problem

6. Outlook Over Web Error Messages

7. Exchange 5.5 server encryption problem

8. Exchange Import

9. Config problem or network problem?

10. having problems with setting exchange encryption/digital signatures

11. Message encryption problem

12. Problem creating encryption object

13. Digital Signatures/Encryption Problem