IMC Crash due to message size, quota management software

IMC Crash due to message size, quota management software

Post by Cary Dah » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 04:26:26

Out IMC keeps crashing due to users sending 30+ meg files
via email.  I am looking for exchange quota management
software and specifications for Exchange 5.5, how large a
message can it handle.

IMC Crash due to message size, quota management software

Post by Andy David [MVP » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 05:27:31

A 30 meg file should not crash the IMS.
Any error messages in the event logs?

Quote:> Out IMC keeps crashing due to users sending 30+ meg files
> via email.  I am looking for exchange quota management
> software and specifications for Exchange 5.5, how large a
> message can it handle.

IMC Crash due to message size, quota management software

Post by Ron » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:05:29

I had a user who sent a 90MB file attachments a while ago and I had no IMS
limit back then. Didn't crash the IMS. Of course that email bounced back to
the sender. You problem could be something else.

Quote:> Out IMC keeps crashing due to users sending 30+ meg files
> via email.  I am looking for exchange quota management
> software and specifications for Exchange 5.5, how large a
> message can it handle.

IMC Crash due to message size, quota management software

Post by Warwic » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:41:47

says...

Quote:> I had a user who sent a 90MB file attachments a while ago and I had no IMS
> limit back then. Didn't crash the IMS. Of course that email bounced back to
> the sender. You problem could be something else.

Check for space on the drive where the IMCDATA folder lives.

Additionally is the attachment zipped and passing through a virus
checker that can poke around in zip files? In these situations, the
virus scanner will unzip the attachment to temporary storage.

> > Out IMC keeps crashing due to users sending 30+ meg files
> > via email.  I am looking for exchange quota management
> > software and specifications for Exchange 5.5, how large a
> > message can it handle.

IMC Crash due to message size, quota management software

Post by Ron » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 02:13:28

You talking to me? I don't have any problems.

> says...
> > I had a user who sent a 90MB file attachments a while ago and I had no
IMS
> > limit back then. Didn't crash the IMS. Of course that email bounced back
> > the sender. You problem could be something else.

> Check for space on the drive where the IMCDATA folder lives.

> Additionally is the attachment zipped and passing through a virus
> checker that can poke around in zip files? In these situations, the
> virus scanner will unzip the attachment to temporary storage.

> > > Out IMC keeps crashing due to users sending 30+ meg files
> > > via email.  I am looking for exchange quota management
> > > software and specifications for Exchange 5.5, how large a
> > > message can it handle.

1. Cannot send message due to message size

I am using Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 but I have the following
problem.  Every time I try to send a 188K attachment through the Intenet
connector. It says that

"The item could not be sent.  The message being sent exceeds the message
size established for the user."

I have already changed

1)For the User Mailbox - I have already removed the limit for both the
Incoming and Outgoing messages.
2)In the SERVER - MTA configuration, I have checked that the Message
quota is set to NO LIMIT
3)I have checked that the Internet connector has NO LIMIT set as the
message quota.
4) The private and Public store is set to to Information Store defaults
or NO LIMIT.

What other parameters should I check?

2. Hiding Address lists

3. IMC error 503, Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

4. Resetting the outbound queue thresold.

5. OWA Auditing

6. Web access issues

7. Can't deliver due to message size

8. Quota software refferal

9. Badly formatted message crashes IMC (was: Re: HELP !)

10. IMC message size limit