NNTP outbound error 0x80040115

Post by Jan-Peter Koopman » Sun, 20 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I have installed some newsfeed on my MSE 5 server. All of them are pull
inbound and push outbound. While the inbound part works great the outbound
part troubles me. All outbound messages fail and I get the following error
in the Application Log (Event Viewer):

Event: 13069
Source: MSExchange NNTP
An error occurred during outbound trying to logon to the remote host.
Error = 0x80040115.

I am using the usual newsserver adresses (like msnews.microsoft.com). Do I
have to have some special agreement with the news provider or should this
work no matter what?

Jan-Peter

NNTP outbound error 0x80040115

Post by Dustin Smit » Mon, 21 Apr 1997 04:00:00

The error would indicate some sort of communication problem between your
machine and the remote NNTP host while trying to send an outbound article.
You would probably want to enable some NNTP protocol logging on the
conversation that your machine is having with the NNTP host, that way you
will get an idea on what is happening in the conversation.
There is a section in the Exchange 5.0 FAQ on Microsoft's site that
discusses how to enable this logging via the registry. This FAQ is at:
http://www.microsoft.com/ExchangeSupport/content/faq/50-faq.htm

- Dustin

Quote:> Whenever my MS Exchange 5 tries to send an outbound nntp mail it fails
and
> the event log shows:

> An error occurred during outbound trying to logon to the remote host.
> Error = 0x80040115.

> Can somebody please tell me what this error means?

> Jan-Peter

1. NNTP outbound error 0x80040115

Hello,

I have installed some newsfeed on my MSE 5 server. All of them are pull
inbound and push outbound. While the inbound part works great the outbound
part troubles me. All outbound messages fail and I get the following error
in the Application Log (Event Viewer):

Event: 13069
Source: MSExchange NNTP
An error occurred during outbound trying to logon to the remote host.
Error = 0x80040115.

I am using the usual newsserver adresses (like msnews.microsoft.com). Do I
have to have some special agreement with the news provider or should this
work no matter what?

Jan-Peter

2. RUS Ldap filter question

3. Connecting to Exchange 5.5 via the Internet

4. Error 0x80040115 during outbound news push

5. Simple Mail Handler - Problem Uninstalling

6. Outbound NNTP Error

7. Interanl Undeliverables

8. Error [0x80040115]

9. An unexpected error [0x80040115] occurred in maintenance thread.

10. An unexpected error [0x80040115] occured in maintenance thread.

11. error 0x80040115 in Exchange 5.5 sp2( NT 4.0 with service pack 3)

12. Internet Mail problem (error 0x80040115; ID 3039)