outgoing mail spam

Post by dick kessl » Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:47:08

I have just discovered there are several outgoing messages from

suspect that an outgoing message is being created whenever I look at
some spam email or visit a website suitably equipped. My guess is
incoming spam.
I would like to see these outgoing message before they are sent.

run my own ms exch server 2k, I would like to control this. does
anyone have any ideas?
message journaling might be close, though I have not looked at it in
detail, my understanding is that it might journal (rather them inform
me before sending) the sent email as a copy.

thanks
* kessler

1. Outgoing Authentication for Exchange 5.5, to prevent relaying and spam

To prevent people using our Exchange Server for spamming and relaying, I
would like to configure Exchange so that all clients have to use
authentication to send outgoing mail.

In the Internet Mail Service, under the connection tab, I tried setting
'Accept Connections' to 'Authentication'. The problem with this was that it
also prevented external users from sending us e-mail.

I would be very greatful for any help.

Thanks
Jon

2. exchange server name

3. Limit Internal Spam - Limit outgoing senders

4. Log file to find sender's IP address

5. Exchange 2K outgoing not working after used to relay spam

6. Outlook 97/98 w/ Exchange Server

7. $$$ MAKE MONEY $$$ SPAM SPAM SPAM

8. moving exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 - Help!

9. Spam, Spam, Spam

10. $$$ MAKE MONEY $$$ SPAM SPAM SPAM

11. spam mail continues (Mail Relay subject)