Disallowing user from Purging Deleted messages

Disallowing user from Purging Deleted messages

Post by Benjami » Wed, 15 May 2002 07:25:40

Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 SP4 to allow only certain
users to Purge the Deleted messages that have been removed
from the Deleted Items bin?  I am referring to when you
delete an e-mail, and select "Empty Deleted Items Folder"
and then go to Tools>Recover Deleted Items.  Please help.

Disallowing user from Purging Deleted messages

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Wed, 15 May 2002 10:48:17

I don't think it is possible.  I am facing the same challange, working for a
comapany with legal woes, forcing us to retain all mail. We have found that
a good backup strategy and tape archive policy seems to be the best answer
at this time.

--
regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

The preceeding information is offered on an  "as-is"
basis, and the author assumes no liability for the technical
accuracy, nor any damages resulting from the use of this
information.

Quote:> Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 SP4 to allow only certain
> users to Purge the Deleted messages that have been removed
> from the Deleted Items bin?  I am referring to when you
> delete an e-mail, and select "Empty Deleted Items Folder"
> and then go to Tools>Recover Deleted Items.  Please help.

1. How I can delete/purge some messages in mail box of user

Problem:
user can't receive mail. He can send message but can't
receive it. I suppose that some message in his mail box
makes problem, so I want to delete it. I tried to purge
message, but option purge was disabled, I was login like
administrator, but I can't do purge.
What's the problem?

thanks for your time,
Keli

2. adressbook

3. Auto-purging users Deleted Items folder

4. access denied error during ntbackup

5. delete user and purge mailbox

6. system attendant hangs then terminates

7. Prohibiting users from purging deleted items

8. DNS lookup

9. help:Can't Purge deleted messages

10. Recovering Deleted Items when purged from Deleted Item Recovery

11. Can not purge deleted e-mail in my deleted items

12. Can not Purge deleted mail in outlook's deleted items

13. Scheduling Delete Box purge of deleted mail from server