Newsfeed on port other than 119 ?

Post by Alan Frankli » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Is it possible with Exch 5.5 SP2 to configure the NNTP protocol to function
upstream on a port other than 119 ?  Our firewall is configured for a number
of newsfeeds, each feed is bound to a discrete port number.  This has not
been an issue for simple clients such as NetScape or Express which have
an entry for the port number.  I have been digging into Exchange and
browsing
this group, but I can find no reference setting a port number anywhere yet.

Any hints appreciated, even a definitive, "it cannot be done yet".

TIA.

Alan Franklin.