Lost e-mails due to account being Disabled in Active Directory Users and Computers

Lost e-mails due to account being Disabled in Active Directory Users and Computers

Post by Kl » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:49:56

Hi,

I disabled an account in the Active Directory Users and Computers,
when the account was enabled again it seemed to have lost all e-mails
before the account was re-enabled.

The server is running
win2000
exchange 5.5 (sp4)

Any help will be much appriciated!!!!!!!

Thankyou in advance
Kle

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:27:05

>I disabled an account in the Active Directory Users and Computers,
>when the account was enabled again it seemed to have lost all e-mails
>before the account was re-enabled.

Disabling an account won;t cause the Information Store to remove
messages. I'd suspect someone connected to the mailbox and either
moved the mail to a PST or they used a POP3 client and deleted all the
mail after they moved it to their local machine.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. EVENT ID: 9548 - After disabling an account in Active directory

According to 319047, I know that you need to add the SELF ACCOUNT as the
Associated External Account and only one account on the mailbox can have
this permission.  How does one do some preliminary work to not get the Event
ID: 9548, I don't want any NDRs to these mailboxes.

Do I just do the following:
    Before disabling the account
        1. Added the SELF Account and switch the Associated External Account
to SELF.
        2. Disable the account - At this point I shouldn't get the Event ID:
9548

Thank you,

--
Eric Sabo
NT Administrator

2. Microsoft announces Strategic Technology Protection Program

3. syncrinzing exchange with active directory user accounts after restore

4. Exchange Basics - where?

5. Connecting exchange user to Active Directory Account

6. notification of undeliverable email messages?

7. Reenabling a User Account in Active Directory

8. Exchange Hosting

9. slow access to active directory when creating user account

10. Creating user accounts in active directory

11. Create Email Accounts w/o Active Directory

12. Win2k Active Directory Email account creation problems

13. Forwrding exchange 2000 email account outside of active directory