Virus Checker for Exchange Server 5.5 (Checks Attachments to user's mail)

Virus Checker for Exchange Server 5.5 (Checks Attachments to user's mail)

Post by Chris Schar » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

there's also NAV and Panda AntiVirus... check out
www.exchangestuff.com, I believe they have a few more listed. I don't
have any personal experience with which to make comments on any of the
products.

>TrendMicro's ScanMail seems to be the most recommened product

>Missy Koslosky
>U.S. Department of Labor

>>I am looking for a virus checker that checks attachments on the Exchange
>Mail
>>Server (5.5). Can anyone recommend one?

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator
BV Solutions Group

#include std_disclaim.h

Virus Checker for Exchange Server 5.5 (Checks Attachments to user's mail)

Post by John » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

we are using Panda - server and client.  Work great so far

Virus Checker for Exchange Server 5.5 (Checks Attachments to user's mail)

Post by Aaron Mattiso » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I've tried the client part of Panda's software before, and I didn't think
very highly of it. It's not a transparent package like many others. It would
always pop up every time you started Exchange or Outlook and scan
everything. Granted I have a lot of contacts and other things archived in
personal folders and such, but I couldn't stand the long wait for it to scan
everything before opening my mail. I believe if any mail was received after
opening the mailbox, you would have to wait to scan that also before opening
it. Hopefully their server software is a little better.

Aaron

>there's also NAV and Panda AntiVirus... check out
>www.exchangestuff.com, I believe they have a few more listed. I don't
>have any personal experience with which to make comments on any of the
>products.

Virus Checker for Exchange Server 5.5 (Checks Attachments to user's mail)

Post by Steve and Terri Richardso » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone tried McAfee's GroupShield?  Any comparisons between different
products that anyone would care to share?
I haven't had a good experience with InocuLAN yet.

Steve Richardson

>there's also NAV and Panda AntiVirus... check out
>www.exchangestuff.com, I believe they have a few more listed. I don't
>have any personal experience with which to make comments on any of the
>products.

>>TrendMicro's ScanMail seems to be the most recommened product

>>Missy Koslosky
>>U.S. Department of Labor

Quote:>>>I am looking for a virus checker that checks attachments on the Exchange
>>Mail
>>>Server (5.5). Can anyone recommend one?

>Chris Scharff
>Exchange Administrator
>BV Solutions Group

>#include std_disclaim.h

Virus Checker for Exchange Server 5.5 (Checks Attachments to user's mail)

Post by Harold Howet » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Norton Anti Virus for Exchange has worked great for me.

>Has anyone tried McAfee's GroupShield?  Any comparisons between different
>products that anyone would care to share?
>I haven't had a good experience with InocuLAN yet.

>Steve Richardson

>>there's also NAV and Panda AntiVirus... check out
>>www.exchangestuff.com, I believe they have a few more listed. I don't
>>have any personal experience with which to make comments on any of the
>>products.

>>>TrendMicro's ScanMail seems to be the most recommened product

>>>Missy Koslosky
>>>U.S. Department of Labor

>>>Mail

>>Chris Scharff
>>Exchange Administrator
>>BV Solutions Group

>>#include std_disclaim.h

Virus Checker for Exchange Server 5.5 (Checks Attachments to user's mail)

Post by Rainma » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Groupshield can work for you if you are running a powerfull server
(450MhzX2,512Mb RAM - more recommended) with less than 2000 users, and those
users behave themselves.  My server (233X2, 512Mb) fell over on CPU with
4000 users who were not behaving themselves.  It also depends on how many
users send attachments (and junk) accross your Exchange Server.

>Has anyone tried McAfee's GroupShield?  Any comparisons between different
>products that anyone would care to share?
>I haven't had a good experience with InocuLAN yet.

>Steve Richardson

>>there's also NAV and Panda AntiVirus... check out
>>www.exchangestuff.com, I believe they have a few more listed. I don't
>>have any personal experience with which to make comments on any of the
>>products.

>>>TrendMicro's ScanMail seems to be the most recommened product

>>>Missy Koslosky
>>>U.S. Department of Labor

>>>Mail

>>Chris Scharff
>>Exchange Administrator
>>BV Solutions Group

>>#include std_disclaim.h

Virus Checker for Exchange Server 5.5 (Checks Attachments to user's mail)

Post by Tammi » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

We use GroupdShield, so far so good.  We have a small number of uses though.
The only initial problem is that the client that installed in outlook messed
up the folder icons, this is supposed to be fixed in the next service
release.