Virus Scanning ???

Post by msnew » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

We are running Exchange 5.5 SP1 using Outlook98 for clients.  We are all NT
4.0 SP3.
Exchange is doing all of our internal and external mail.  Do you know of any
very good virus scanning programs that will look at every single email
message for infections... do you know one that will even find Office 97
macro virus's such as LAroux?

many thanks for any help,
Chris Weber

Virus Scanning ???

Post by Chris Schloug » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

   Cheyenne's Innoculan Agent for Exchange Server works well.  Installs on
the server and scans email as it is sent or recieved.   It is a little
expensive (I think $700per server?).   but provides good protection and
nice options of what exactly you want it to do when it finds a virus.  I
also have it notifying me by mail whenever a virus is cleaned.  Had a few
problems with earlier versions but the newest one runs on Exch5.5 SP1 with
no problems.
   These days any virus scanner worth anything must be able to clean up
macro viruses.  You will find the around 95% of the viruses you encounter
are macroviruses.  They can spread voraciously through email.

-Chris Schlough

> We are running Exchange 5.5 SP1 using Outlook98 for clients.  We are all
NT
> 4.0 SP3.
> Exchange is doing all of our internal and external mail.  Do you know of
any
> very good virus scanning programs that will look at every single email
> message for infections... do you know one that will even find Office 97
> macro virus's such as LAroux?
> many thanks for any help,
> Chris Weber

Virus Scanning ???

Post by Daniel Mors » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

We are rolling out McAfee for Exchange.

Daniel E. Morse
Baan - Systems Administrator

>We are running Exchange 5.5 SP1 using Outlook98 for clients.  We are all NT
>4.0 SP3.
>Exchange is doing all of our internal and external mail.  Do you know of
any
>very good virus scanning programs that will look at every single email
>message for infections... do you know one that will even find Office 97
>macro virus's such as LAroux?

>many thanks for any help,
>Chris Weber

Virus Scanning ???

Post by Larry Hutchiso » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Run av's on the workstations and your firewall.

--

Larry Hutchison

>We are rolling out McAfee for Exchange.

>Daniel E. Morse
>Baan - Systems Administrator

>>We are running Exchange 5.5 SP1 using Outlook98 for clients.  We are all
NT
>>4.0 SP3.
>>Exchange is doing all of our internal and external mail.  Do you know of
>any
>>very good virus scanning programs that will look at every single email
>>message for infections... do you know one that will even find Office 97
>>macro virus's such as LAroux?

>>many thanks for any help,
>>Chris Weber

Virus Scanning ???

Post by Steven Beatt » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Scanmail for Exchange by Trend Software works great.  About $1,300 for 100
users.

>We are running Exchange 5.5 SP1 using Outlook98 for clients.  We are all NT
>4.0 SP3.
>Exchange is doing all of our internal and external mail.  Do you know of
any
>very good virus scanning programs that will look at every single email
>message for infections... do you know one that will even find Office 97
>macro virus's such as LAroux?

>many thanks for any help,
>Chris Weber

1. Virus Scan Trend Micro Virus Scan or McAfee Groupshield

Hello,

we are considering buying virus scan software for the Exchange Server
(currently on Exchange 5.5/NT 4, but migration to Exchange 2000 on Win2K
planned this year).

After a qucik survey, we will decide either to buy Trend Micro Virus Scan or
McAfee Groupshield.Does any one have some advice (good experience, bad one -
heard about this programs)?

Any kind of information would be helpful.

Markus Zindler

2. After using win2k backup program caused exchange2k services stop ? why ?

3. Exchange with GroupShield virus scan problem

4. OWA

5. Recommendations for a good Virus scanning program for M'soft Exchange 5.5

6. Using a different email address

7. Email Encryption and Virus Scanning

8. Mailbox Store ?? Home store?

9. Virus scan for Exchange Server?

10. Exchange server anti virus scan attachments?

11. Virus Scan

12. OWA virus scan separate server

13. Virus Scan program