Is it possible to delete accounts in a batch-job?

Is it possible to delete accounts in a batch-job?

Post by Thoma » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:26:40

-My problem is that im too lazy to manually delete 630 accounts, can you
solve this the same way that you add accounts with a .csv-file?

It really would make my day...

--

    /Thomas

Is it possible to delete accounts in a batch-job?

Post by John Smit » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

* Export Directory (mailboxes) to a .CSV file
* Remove all Mailboxes (=rows) NOT to be deleted
* Insert Mode -column to each remaining recipient
* Add Delete as value for Mode column
* Save the file and import it using Exchange Administrator's Tools /
Directory Import

-v-

> -My problem is that im too lazy to manually delete 630 accounts, can you
> solve this the same way that you add accounts with a .csv-file?

> It really would make my day...

> --

>     /Thomas

Is it possible to delete accounts in a batch-job?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Directory Export/Import feature of Exch admin prog. More info - in Exchange
Books Online.

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q182/5/08.asp

> * Export Directory (mailboxes) to a .CSV file
> * Remove all Mailboxes (=rows) NOT to be deleted
> * Insert Mode -column to each remaining recipient
> * Add Delete as value for Mode column
> * Save the file and import it using Exchange Administrator's Tools /
> Directory Import

> -v-

Quote:> > -My problem is that im too lazy to manually delete 630 accounts, can you
> > solve this the same way that you add accounts with a .csv-file?

> > It really would make my day...

> > --

> >     /Thomas

Is it possible to delete accounts in a batch-job?

Post by Thoma » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Tnx, i was really worried that i would have to do this manually...

;]]

--

    /Thomas

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q182/5/08.asp

> * Export Directory (mailboxes) to a .CSV file
> * Remove all Mailboxes (=rows) NOT to be deleted
> * Insert Mode -column to each remaining recipient
> * Add Delete as value for Mode column
> * Save the file and import it using Exchange Administrator's Tools /
> Directory Import

> -v-

Quote:> > -My problem is that im too lazy to manually delete 630 accounts, can you
> > solve this the same way that you add accounts with a .csv-file?

> > It really would make my day...

> > --

> >     /Thomas

1. Sending meeting notices to Oulook users from batch job

Hi,

My client's email infrastructure uses Exchange/Outlook.  I am developing an
application/database for them to track specific type of events.  These
events occur on specific dates and have a great deal of other information
associated with them.

My client requires some sort of notification/alarm system that informs a
list of users of an event when it draws near so that they can take action.
I was thinking of populating the users' Outlook Calendar on a regular basis
based on information in the database (via a batch job running on another
server) since Outlook already provides all of the Calendaring and
Alarm/Reminder functionality.  My users also want a 'calendar view' of
upcoming events, so Outlook seems like the perfect solution.

My question is ... I know the Outlook VB Automation object model provides
for creating meeting notices etc., but how does this work on a server (not
an Exchange server) for which no user context exists?  Does Outlook have to
be installed on the server in order to access this object model?  I'm not
familiar enough with Exchange/Outlook to know how such a system might be
setup so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

2. Using Directory Export for _all_ SMTP adresses and aliases

3. Running SCHDIST as a Batch Job or under the NTMMTA

4. Installation Failure: Help Requested

5. ExMerge 2000 Batch Job Sometimes Skips Final Mailboxes

6. Contact List

7. Sending meeting notices to Oulook users from batch job

8. Traffic volume measurement tools

9. Creating a Batch job to convert Schedule Plus to Outlook calend ars

10. Sending meeting notices to Oulook users from batch job

11. Smart host / Batch SMTP possible on NT/Exchange?

12. Possible to create users via batch file??