The server monitors will not run as a service

The server monitors will not run as a service

Post by Wesley Dudzins » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I defined two monitors to check on the Exchange Server. One is "Server
Watchdog" the other is "Server Link Monitor". When I log off the
monitors close too. How can I get them to work all the time?

Wes

The server monitors will not run as a service

Post by Stuart Maclea » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

If you own a copy of the NT resource kit you can setup the exchange admin
tool to run as a service using the SVRANY.EXE. See the doco for
instructions. Also take a look at the exchange doco, it details the command
line parameters to pass for running monitors.

Stuart.

Quote:> I defined two monitors to check on the Exchange Server. One is "Server
> Watchdog" the other is "Server Link Monitor". When I log off the
> monitors close too. How can I get them to work all the time?

> Wes

1. Server Monitor: services monitored changing without intervention....

        Anyone seen or know fix for server monitors selected services being
monitored changing without intervention?  It is recreatable at my site. We
are exchange 4.0 sp3
example: I set up a server service monitor for the IMC and I go back and
check this 5 minutes later and it says it is monitoring the system
attendant service! Have queried FEB technet cd and poked around MS
website...not luck yet.

Any input would be appreciated.

Mike Carr
Harris Corporation

2. Public Folders didn't migrate

3. NAV for Exchange service does not have permission to run

4. Exchange server tries to re-direct X.400 messages, fails and sends back an NDR

5. Exchange services not running

6. Help with mail headers please

7. Server mailbox filter for OWA client

8. store.exe service will not run anymore

9. Exchange Information Store service is not running, or the mailbox database is no

10. GSE service not running after reboot

11. Ran Disk Optimizer - One service will not restart

12. Exchange store will not run, attendant and Directory services will