Server Down - Event Log says...

Post by Curti » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 02:58:02

Clients cannot logon to exchange server, and the event log on the server
says...

Event ID: 1016

mailbox, and is not the primary Windows 2000 account on the mailbox.

Is this Event Log error the cause of our Exchange server being down? How can
I fix this?

I'm new to both Server 2000, and Exchange Server 2000. I checked the
Exchange services, and they all seem to have started.

-Curtis

Server Down - Event Log says...

Post by Scott Hardin » Sun, 16 Dec 2001 07:28:36

This probably has nothing to do with your problems. You will see a lot of
these. What kind of error do you get when a client tries to connect?

--
Scott Harding MCSE, MCP + I, A+
Network Administrator / Consultant

> Clients cannot logon to exchange server, and the event log on the server
> says...

> Event ID: 1016

> mailbox, and is not the primary Windows 2000 account on the mailbox.

> Is this Event Log error the cause of our Exchange server being down? How
can
> I fix this?

> I'm new to both Server 2000, and Exchange Server 2000. I checked the
> Exchange services, and they all seem to have started.

> -Curtis

1. Server Down - Event Log says...

Clients cannot logon to exchange server, and the event log on the server
says...

Event ID: 1016

mailbox, and is not the primary Windows 2000 account on the mailbox.

Is this Event Log error the cause of our Exchange server being down? How can
I fix this?

I'm new to both Server 2000, and Exchange Server 2000. I checked the
Exchange services, and they all seem to have started.

-Curtis

2. Exchange 5 does not work when tcp/ip installed on client

3. Event log says.....

4. Orphaned 5.5 IMS causing MSExchangeTransport 929 errors every hour

5. OWA says server is down or HTTP disabled

6. Excel File in Public Folders

7. OWA says the server is down, even though the protocol is enabled

8. Is the MS Mail Connector always necessary?

9. Security Log and Application log saying different things

10. Event ID 9405 Msg logged in event Viewer App Log

11. Event ID 1000 Is Logged in the Application Event Log

12. Active Server Page Error Event 9 in Event Log --when trying to access Outlook web access

13. EXchange Server Event Log Event ID:1221