Internet Mail Service cannot start (urgent)

Internet Mail Service cannot start (urgent)

Post by Alle » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:27:08

More information:

The problem is up when I try to start the Internet mail
service. Please help.

Many Thanks.
Allen

Internet Mail Service cannot start (urgent)

Post by Paul Hutching » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:21:19

Quote:> More information:

> The problem is up when I try to start the Internet mail
> service. Please help.

> Many Thanks.
> Allen

It may help to tell us what the "problem" is - errors, even log messages
etc....  we ain't psychic :-)

Internet Mail Service cannot start (urgent)

Post by Larry the La » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:53:39

Most IMS issues come down to bad messages. Have a look in the
IMCDATA\IN and IMCDATA\OUT folders and copy the messages (NOT the
Archive) folder to another area. Rename the QUEUE.DAT and QUEUE.BAD
and try to start the IMS again.

Regards,

Larry the Lama

> More information:

> The problem is up when I try to start the Internet mail
> service. Please help.

> Many Thanks.
> Allen

Internet Mail Service cannot start (urgent)

Post by Susan VanAlle » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:09:16

Replied in another newsgroup - please don't crosspost, or include all groups
in a single post, so that responses follow all threads.
</rant>

This article will fix you up:
Overcoming User32.dll Initialization Failure Errors (Q142676)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q142676&
--
Susan VanAllen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Quote:> server:
> Exchange 5.5 (NT 4.0 with SP6a)

> error:
> When server reboot - Initialization of ...\user32.dll
> failed. The process is terminating abnomally.

> after a while, i found error 7022 at system log.
> please see the attached bmp file of the log.

> Please help me fix. thank you very much indeed.

1. Microsoft Internet Mail Service does not start - URGENT!

Hi,

I have Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 machine.  All was working well,
until it was discovered that the exchange server was being used as a
relay.  After fixing this, the IMS does not start, it just says
starting and hangs.  All the other microsoft exchange services start
ok.

When trying to stop and start the IMS service manually it just comes
back with error 1053: The service did not respond in a timely fashion.

I think service pack 3 was the last applied.

I have already tried to clear the in and out box and have also deleted
the queue.dat.  Neither of these worked.

Need urgent help as mail is not working.  Thanks all in advance.

Regards
Imran

2. Exchange 5.5 admin tools from client

3. Server moved to new hardware - Internet Mail Service doesn't start - URGENT

4. Offline send mail problem

5. Cannot start Internet Mail Service

6. max directory entries

7. Cannot start internet mail service

8. BIG problem!

9. Cannot start Information store and Internet Mail service????

10. Cannot Start or Create Internet Mail Service Event 4087

11. Cannot start internet mail service!

12. Information Store, Internet Mail Service and Event Service refuse to start