Importing Contacts, Exchange 5.5

Post by Bob Peterse » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone help please.....

We are in the final stages of migrating from an AppleShare Network to an
NT4/Exchange 5.5 setup.  We have been using PC clients with OL98 though for
the past 9 months and have compiled a Contact database (about 800 contacts).
We would like to let users synchronize with and allow partial editing
capabilities to this database. Should this be put in the GAL or a sub folder
elsewhere?

I have a reference book for Exchange but I haven't seen any reference about
importing the Contact database and how to accomplish it.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions on importing my file and setting
permissions on the imported file or its components.

Thanks,
Bob Petersen

Importing Contacts, Exchange 5.5

Post by Amiri Jon » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Can anyone help please.....

>We are in the final stages of migrating from an AppleShare Network to an
>NT4/Exchange 5.5 setup.  We have been using PC clients with OL98 though
>for the past 9 months and have compiled a Contact database (about 800
>contacts). We would like to let users synchronize with and allow partial
>editing capabilities to this database. Should this be put in the GAL or
>a sub folder elsewhere?

        I'd put it in a public Contacts folder.  If a person adds the folder
to his Public Folder Favorites, he can then mark it as available for
offline use.  Be advised that the Journal tab won't work between users in a
public folder.