What am I doing wrong?

Post by dp » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:45:32

Hi,

I'm trying to do a migration upgrade to SBS 2000 from SBS 4.5.  I'm using
the SBS2000 migration upgrade white paper.  I'm at the point of using
exmerge on the SBS4.5. I'm using exmerge3.7 and I get an error stating that
exchange administrator is not installed but, it is.  I use it.  I stoppeed
the IMS just like the paper says.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

What am I doing wrong?

Post by John Oliver, Jr. [MVP » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 06:19:21

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q174/1/97.ASP

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm trying to do a migration upgrade to SBS 2000 from SBS 4.5.  I'm using
> the SBS2000 migration upgrade white paper.  I'm at the point of using
> exmerge on the SBS4.5. I'm using exmerge3.7 and I get an error stating
that
> exchange administrator is not installed but, it is.  I use it.  I stoppeed
> the IMS just like the paper says.

> Any Ideas?

> Thanks,
> Dan

1. Dynamic CDO profiles: What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to get a dynamic CDO profile to work.  When I run the following
code, the LOGON method times out.  The OUTBOX property then automatically
opens a profile window, which has the Server name correct, but the mailbox
name contains an "=" in front of it.

Does the PROFILEINFO parameter only work from web clients interacting with
IIS?  Or can I run this straight from a visual basic application running
on the desktop?  Any help would be appreciated.

The environment is:

   Exchange 5.0
   Outlook 98 Client
   CDO 1.2

The code is:

       Dim objSession As MAPI.Session
        Dim objOutbox As Folder
        Dim objNewMessage As Message
        Dim objRecipients As Recipients
        Dim objOneRecip As Recipient
        Set objSession = New MAPI.Session
        objSession.Logon profileinfo:= "JOE_SERVER" & vbCrLf & "joew"

        Set objOutbox = objSession.Outbox
        Set objNewMessage = objOutbox.Messages.Add
        Set objRecipients = objNewMessage.Recipients
        Set objOneRecip = objRecipients.Add
        With objOneRecip
          .Name = "Joe Wichowski"
          .Type = ActMsgTo
          .Resolve
          ' Get MAPI to determine complete E-mail address.
         End With
         With objNewMessage
         .Subject = "Test VB"
          .Text = "Test VB"
          .Send
         End With

2. Mailbox Size

3. What am I doing wrong?

4. limiting the number of recipients in the TO field

5. Error 4116 - What am I doing wrong?

6. Help ... our 2000 server is used for SPAM !!!

7. What Am I Doing wrong: GAL replication

8. MUST i use Exchange for mail server??

9. What am I doing wrong?

10. What am I doing wrong????????

11. Why does GetRowCount() and lpsrsGALRows->cRows (LPSRowSet) differ in values? What am I doing wrong?

12. What am I doing wrong..Arcserve restore of DS/IS?

13. Can I do this & what am I doing wrong?????