logging message attachment names/types in event log

logging message attachment names/types in event log

Post by Brad » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Instead of blocking message attachments, like many of the posts to this
group are asking about, I am just interested in logging the attachment name
& file type to the event log (primarily on messages coming over the IMS.)

I am already successfully logging message transfer by user, message size, &
# of attachments, but I can't seem to find the right setting in the
Diagnostics Logging options to get the attachment name and/or filetype.  The
server is Exchange v5.0 w/sp2.

Any tips or sources of good logging documentation would be appreciated.

Brad

logging message attachment names/types in event log

Post by Ed Crowle » Sun, 12 Dec 1999 04:00:00

How big would you be making your event log file?  Perhaps you're having
trouble finding that feature because it doesn't exist?  I don't know
specifically that it doesn't, though.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Senior Consultant

Quote:> Instead of blocking message attachments, like many of the posts to this
> group are asking about, I am just interested in logging the attachment
name
> & file type to the event log (primarily on messages coming over the IMS.)

> I am already successfully logging message transfer by user, message size,
&
> # of attachments, but I can't seem to find the right setting in the
> Diagnostics Logging options to get the attachment name and/or filetype.
The
> server is Exchange v5.0 w/sp2.

> Any tips or sources of good logging documentation would be appreciated.

> Brad

logging message attachment names/types in event log

How you are monitoring # of attachments?

--
Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
Say YES to AMD at

Thanks.

Kirill S. Palagin

1. Event ID 9405 Msg logged in event Viewer App Log

Can anyone please help me with this:
I have an Exchange 5.5/Sp5 server running on Windows NT 4/sp5

Recently, the following events have been logged on our Exchange 5.5/Sp5
server's Event Viewer:

Event ID: 9405
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Type: Error
Category: Field Engineering

An unexpected error has occurred which may cause the MTA to terminate.
Error: Double acquire of semaphore 2685
. [BASE XFER-IN 14] (16)

The MTA does not stop and we haven't experienced any other problems with our
email server (As far as I am aware).

I have searched Technet to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what is causing
this message?

Many thanks in advance

Kevin C

2. Can't sent a message ti Exchange2k

3. Event ID 1000 Is Logged in the Application Event Log

4. Renaming sites

5. Event Type in tracking logs

6. application store?

7. log file size and names of log files

8. Ex 5.5/nt4 move to new w2k box & EX 2000

9. EXCHANGE EVENT LOG & APPLICATION LOG ERROR

10. Logging in event log, STOP!

11. No events being logged in security log