Blocking email attachments!

Post by Luigi Cardill » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

In lieu of all the virus problems in the last few weeks, is there any way to
stop emails from comming into the exchange server by the type of file it is.

Blocking email attachments!

On Fri, 19 May 2000 09:27:46 -0400,  "Luigi Cardillo"

http://www.deja.com/usenet

Blocking email attachments!

Post by Stuar » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

Read through the posts in this group. Any number of products are being
widely discussed at the moment.

Stuart

Quote:> In lieu of all the virus problems in the last few weeks, is there any way
> stop emails from comming into the exchange server by the type of file it
is.

Blocking email attachments!

Post by Phil Newma » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

Absolutely, we currently MAILSWEPPER, which works very well at all our
sites.

regards,

Phil

> Read through the posts in this group. Any number of products are being
> widely discussed at the moment.

> Stuart

> > In lieu of all the virus problems in the last few weeks, is there any
way
> > stop emails from comming into the exchange server by the type of file it
> is.

Blocking email attachments!

Post by Michael A. Abbaticchi » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

I don't mean to pick you out.....  But everyone here should take some time
to check if the answer to their questions are here already.  This is like
the 10th instance of the same thread.  There are plenty of tools available.
Especially deja.com power search.

--
regards,
Mike Abbaticchio

Quote:> In lieu of all the virus problems in the last few weeks, is there any way
> stop emails from comming into the exchange server by the type of file it
is.

1. can you block email attachments by users and type of attachment

Are you able to block certain attachments that come in on emails by users.

i.e. if you had a user call tom and he was sent an email with an exe file
attached and you didn't want him to receive it you could block it, but you
have another user call Sue who you do want to receive them.

2. Midlife Crisses......

3. Block email attachments

4. Where are the Mac clients?

5. Blocked Email Attachments

6. Remote Administration of Exchange Server

7. Need to block email attachments in Exchange 5.5

8. Exchange Server 5 With Novell ??

9. Block email attachments

10. Blocking email attachments

11. blocking email attachments

12. Blocking Email attachments

13. access to email attachments blocked in Outlook