A question about install KMS' error message

A question about install KMS' error message

Post by Emerso » Tue, 09 Jul 2002 19:14:16

Setup failed while  (error 0xC103F292:  - There is already a Key Management
Server installed in this admin group. There can be one KM Server per admin
group. You must remove the existing Key Management Server before you can
install a new one.) .

Additional information:
 - There is already a Key Management Server installed in this admin group.
There can be one KM Server per admin group. You must remove the existing Key
Management Server before you can install a new one.

ID no: c103f292
Microsoft Exchange Setup

Microsoft Exchange Key Management Service

Function:
CCompKMS::ScPreSetup
CComExchSetupComponent(%s)::PreInstall

---------------
Dear all,

    Please help me to solve this problem, thank you very much .

Emerson form Taiwan.

1. Exchange Install Error Messages (Exch won't install)

Exchange2000 Enterprise won't install for me.  I'm a child domain in a
forest, but an account has been set up which has schema permissions to
allow me to install Exchange in my domain.  Unfortunately, when I do a
"setup /domainprep", when selecting "domainprep" from the drop-down menu,
I immediately get a pop up dialog box with these error messages:

- Setup is unable to access the Windows 2000 Active Directory
- Failed to contact the Schema Master server for this Active Directory
forest.

I checked my Exchange Installer log and I see these errors:

[10:14:21]  ************** Beginning Setup run **************
[10:14:21] Starting Exchange 4417 setup on Windows 2000 5.0.2195.Service Pack 1 at 10:14:21 03/09/2001
[10:14:21] Entering CFileManager::ScInit
[10:14:21] Entering CFileManager::ScAutoDetectDirectoryLocations
[10:14:21]  CService::ScQueryServiceConfig (K:\admin\src\libs\exsetup\service.cxx:536)
           Error code 0XC0070424 (1060): The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
[10:14:21]  ScGetClusterSvcDir (K:\admin\src\libs\exsetup\exmisc.cxx:2322)
           Error code 0XC0070424 (1060): The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
[10:14:21] === IGNORING PREVIOUS ERRORS === CFileManager::ScAutoDetectDirectoryLocations (K:\admin\src\udog\setupbase\tools\filemgr.cxx:463)
           The operation has completed successfully.

10:16:29]     Prerequisites for Microsoft Exchange Domain Preparation failed: The component "Microsoft Exchange Domain Preparation" cannot be assigned the action "DomainPrep" because:
 - Setup is unable to access the Windows 2000 Active Directory
- Failed to contact the Schema Master server for this Active Directory forest.

[10:16:29]     Prerequisites for Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services failed: The component "Microsoft Exchange Domain Preparation" cannot be assigned the action "DomainPrep" because:
 - Setup is unable to access the Windows 2000 Active Directory
- Failed to contact the Schema Master server for this Active Directory forest.

[10:16:29]         Prerequisites for Microsoft Exchange Conference Management Service failed: The component "Microsoft Exchange Domain Preparation" cannot be assigned the action "DomainPrep" because:
 - Setup is unable to access the Windows 2000 Active Directory
- Failed to contact the Schema Master server for this Active Directory forest.

Does anyone know what might be causing those first errors?  The BDC I am
installing to is a fresh install of Win2Kserver w/ SP1 on a freshly
formatted drive.  I get the same error messages when I try to install to
the PDC for my domain.  Are these errors related to being child domain in
a forest?  Drive "K" and the paths specified don't exist on my machine...
Would the path listed be on the Schema Master???

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. OL2K cannot open Forms created with Exchange Form Designer!

3. Synch with Public Folders

4. KMS won't install

5. Any workaround for recipient policies?

6. IMS won't install-get NT error message

7. Multiple Inet Domains, One Server

8. Exchange 'bounced' messages questions

9. Installing KMS on an existing site

10. Installing KMS

11. Problem installing KMS on Win2000

12. How to install KMS in separate PC?