manually telling active directory/exchange that a user DOESN'T have a mailbox?

manually telling active directory/exchange that a user DOESN'T have a mailbox?

Post by darrell ber » Sat, 04 Oct 2003 01:01:12

We had a test exchnage server on the network, and assigned a number of
our users mailboxes on it. That machine was then rather untidily
decommissioned, leaving a bunch of user records with AD data relating
to those mailboxes, but no option under 'tasks' of purging that
rubbish data. Now we have our 'real' exchange server ready to go, but
I can't assign those users mailboes on it, as that is ALSO not an
option under tasks (presumably becuase there are flags set which say
that they already have mailboxes, as in deed a deeper browse of their
objects shows).

If I delet those users and recreate them, everything works as you
would expect, but I dont want to have to do that for them all!

I'm guessing that there are a couple of values I can change on the
user objects such that I can then get back the usual 'exchange tasks'
option of giving them mailboxes on the new server? Any ideas?

thanks!

manually telling active directory/exchange that a user DOESN'T have a mailbox?

Post by Susa » Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:20:05

have you looked at this? it may assist you...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256862

Quote:> We had a test exchnage server on the network, and assigned a number of
> our users mailboxes on it. That machine was then rather untidily
> decommissioned, leaving a bunch of user records with AD data relating
> to those mailboxes, but no option under 'tasks' of purging that
> rubbish data. Now we have our 'real' exchange server ready to go, but
> I can't assign those users mailboes on it, as that is ALSO not an
> option under tasks (presumably becuase there are flags set which say
> that they already have mailboxes, as in deed a deeper browse of their
> objects shows).

> If I delet those users and recreate them, everything works as you
> would expect, but I dont want to have to do that for them all!

> I'm guessing that there are a couple of values I can change on the
> user objects such that I can then get back the usual 'exchange tasks'
> option of giving them mailboxes on the new server? Any ideas?

> thanks!

1. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension lock's admin's out of active dir

We have been running Exhange 2000 on are small business
server and are now faced with a problem thats locking
admins at first via terminal services (The SBS DC is a TS
server for remote admin) from accessing and modifying
active directory users on that DC, from accessing
exchange system manager or viewing the app or sys log's
through event viewer. But now for no apparent reason (yet
to be seen)were unable to access or modify active
directory users, access system manager nativly on the DC
or view the same 2 logs.

When trying to do any of the above theres a error message.
The error reads as:
     - - - -
Access is denied

Facility WIN32
ID No: c0070005
Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension

     - - - -

If anymore info is required plz reply, any helpfull
information regarding would be greatly appreciated.

2. blank error dialog box

3. KM Server of Exch.5.5 doesn't publish the certificates in to Active Directory

4. Email not being routed

5. Exchange 2000 SP2 having troubles when connecting to Active Directory

6. Pst local file with Exchange 2000

7. Add user in active dir doesn't create mailbox

8. Cannot move mailboxes.

9. Changing a user's mailbox location in Active Directory

10. Task's don't update after users move manually to new server

11. user's mail doesn't get in exchange's outbox

12. Thorny problem - Exchange 5.0 doesn't allow Active Server Pages to be installed

13. How can you tell if an Exchange server can't handle the number of users