Permissions in public folder

Post by Mark » Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:15:33

Hi,

How can I delete old folders from the public folder if the original owner
has left?  I've logged in as Administrator and as the Exchange service
account, but I'm denied access to these folders.

Many thanks,
Mark

Permissions in public folder

Post by Ron Spadafora - MV » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:02:50

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:15:33 -0400, "Mark"

>Hi,

>How can I delete old folders from the public folder if the original owner
>has left?  I've logged in as Administrator and as the Exchange service
>account, but I'm denied access to these folders.

Can you change the client permissions on the public folder(s) using
the Exchange Admin program?

Quote:

MS Exchange FAQs at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

Permissions in public folder

Post by Mark » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:35:35

Yes - that did the trick!

Many thanks,
Mark

> On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:15:33 -0400, "Mark"

> >Hi,

> >How can I delete old folders from the public folder if the original owner
> >has left?  I've logged in as Administrator and as the Exchange service
> >account, but I'm denied access to these folders.

> Can you change the client permissions on the public folder(s) using
> the Exchange Admin program?

> >Many thanks,
> >Mark

> MS Exchange FAQs at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

1. permission admin cannot modify permissions on public folders

Hi people,

One of the accounts with a permission admin role on all public folders
(inherited from site)
cannot modify permissions on public folders, other accounts with the same
role can.
I tried renewing the role on the site container. Added the permission admin
role on a single public folder. Made no difference.
Its a single site Exchange 5.5 SP3 on NT4 SP 6a.
Does anybody know a cause and/or a remedy?

Rob Willemse

2. Delayed Mail delivering at wrong time

3. Can't change the Folder Permission under Public Folder

4. Help me stop SPAM relay!

5. Can't change Folder permission under public folder

6. how about multiple email domains on one exchange server??

7. Can't change the Folder Permission under Public Folder

8. Forest prep completed successfully, no Exchange Org in AD

9. removed inherited permissions in public folder store and lost all folders

10. User permissions in Public Folder when offline

11. Set permission in Public Folders

12. Changing permissions in public folders

13. Permission to Public Folder ?