Backup email notice.

Post by Joey » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:12:39

Hi,

    I have an exchange 5.5 run on w windows 4.0 server
with SP6. I also have a vertias backup program on my
server. Is that anyway the server can send an email
wherther the backup is running fine or not via exchange
server to one of the operator client?? Please advice.

Joey.

Backup email notice.

Post by Charlie Tin » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:21:19

yes..

On the server, you need to have Outlook installed.

Go to the Notification under Tools in the Veritas to set things up.

Quote:> Hi,

>     I have an exchange 5.5 run on w windows 4.0 server
> with SP6. I also have a vertias backup program on my
> server. Is that anyway the server can send an email
> wherther the backup is running fine or not via exchange
> server to one of the operator client?? Please advice.

> Joey.

Backup email notice.

Post by andrew sword [mvp » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:45:13

There would be an option within the Veritas software to do
this.

Backup email notice.

Post by andrew sword [mvp » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:45:10

There would be an option within the Veritas software to do
this.

Backup email notice.

Post by Joey » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:52:24

Hi,
Can U tell me more specific how, I am very new to
computer. Thank you . We are using veritas 7.01.
you said install outlook on the same server. Or install
outlook on a backup operator's computer?? I am confused.
Thanks for ur help!!