mailbox limit message frequency - how to reduce?

mailbox limit message frequency - how to reduce?

Post by Mike » Tue, 04 Nov 2003 18:51:12

The standard message about users mailbox size being over
their limit seems to be sending very frequently.  Is
there a way to edit the frequency of this message so it
only sends it every few hours rather than every 5 minutes.

Cheers

Mike.

mailbox limit message frequency - how to reduce?

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:39:36

Quote:> The standard message about users mailbox size being over
> their limit seems to be sending very frequently.  Is
> there a way to edit the frequency of this message so it
> only sends it every few hours rather than every 5 minutes.

Not that I am aware of.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 05 Nov 2003 10:35:42

>The standard message about users mailbox size being over
>their limit seems to be sending very frequently.  Is
>there a way to edit the frequency of this message so it
>only sends it every few hours rather than every 5 minutes.

It's probably sent every 15 minutes, not every 5. :)

Change the schedule on the IS Site Configuration object.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Mailbox Limit Warning - Message Frequency

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to change the frequency with which
mailbox limit warning messages are sent.  It seems to be every 15 minutes at
present.  I have read that you need to get on to MS if you want to customize
the message.  Is this true for the frequency of these messages as well.  I
am running Exchange 5.5 SP3.  Any help appreciated.

Dave Veitch

2. Client Permissions on Internet Newsgroups

3. Mailbox Limit Exceeded / Message Length Exceeds Administrative Limit

4. Exchange SP1

5. Move Mailbox drops items, reduces mailbox size

6. Unable to access mailbox

7. Filtering .vbs attachments

8. Best way to reduce size of mailboxes

9. Reduce mailbox size

10. Reduce size of System Attendant mailbox

11. Performance question (reducing mailbox size)

12. Best way to reduce size of mailboxes