SMPT Command does not execute...

Post by Raffi Saroya » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have telneted to port 25 and excutes the following command:

expn usarname
502 command not implemented

Is there another way of verifying the address of USERX is infact 'username'.

Thank you

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I have telneted to port 25 and excutes the following command:

>expn usarname
>502 command not implemented

>Is there another way of verifying the address of USERX is infact 'username'.

As you discovered, the EXPN command is not implemented. The VRFY
command is delivered in a "disabled" state. You can edit the registry
to enable it (see the Books On Line or the hard copy documentation for
the registry value).