Connection between 2 sites

Post by Steve Wilso » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I want to set up a connection between two sites (connected via X.400) and
only permit messages of 512K or less be transmitted during the day. However,
once the clock hits 5:30 in the afternoon I want large messages to be able
to be sent (until 8:00 the next morning).

It would be nice if you could have two X.400 configured between the same
sites:
- One with "limit size to 512" and enabled ALL day.
- The other scheduled for 1730 through to 0800 hours enabling large message
transfer.

You can, but it doesn't work (and is not supported !).

Is there something to enable me to do this ? I thought a REGISTRY update via
an AT job would do the trick BUT the IS MTA configuraion information is held
WITHIN the directory and not the REGISTRY

--
Steve Wilson, MCSE

Connection between 2 sites

Post by Annette Corman » Sun, 09 Aug 1998 04:00:00

The ability to set up two X.400 connectors between the same two servers so
that the connectors have different properties will be available in SP1.
You will need an MTA build 2192 or higher.

Brad Ipsan, MCSE
Wang Global

Quote:> I want to set up a connection between two sites (connected via X.400) and
> only permit messages of 512K or less be transmitted during the day.
However,
> once the clock hits 5:30 in the afternoon I want large messages to be
able
> to be sent (until 8:00 the next morning).

> It would be nice if you could have two X.400 configured between the same
> sites:
> - One with "limit size to 512" and enabled ALL day.
> - The other scheduled for 1730 through to 0800 hours enabling large
message
> transfer.

> You can, but it doesn't work (and is not supported !).

> Is there something to enable me to do this ? I thought a REGISTRY update
via
> an AT job would do the trick BUT the IS MTA configuraion information is
held
> WITHIN the directory and not the REGISTRY

> --
> Steve Wilson, MCSE

1. Exchange Connection between two Sites

I'm new in Exchange Server, hopefully someone would give me some advice for
the following situation.

My company has two sites, Location A and Location B are in two different
country.

Location A is already running Exchange 5.5 and connected to ISP thru a
leased line (dedicate IP),   a new exchange server will be setup in Location
B.

Here is my question:  Could location A collect all incoming mails from
internet and transfer them to location B and all sent items in location B
transfer to location A then send to the internet?  Is this possible?

Condition:  (1) Dial-up connection is existing between A and B,
                   (2) Location A is connected to ISP thru a 128K leased
line,
                   (3) Location B has one 56k dial-up connection to ISP.

What can I do to fulfill this situation???  Million thanks in advanced.

2. Address Book Sync "Exch2000 and Exch5.5" in same site?

3. DRAS Connection in same site?

4. Mail Forwarding

5. Exchange Connection between two Sites

6. Connection between Unix pop3 and Exchange server

7. Connection between 2 sites

8. Email Disclaimers

9. Exchange Connection between two Sites

10. Exchange site A to site B connections

11. Modem backup for site-to-site connection??

12. Exchange Site IMS to Site IMS connection not using the internet