problems accessing Outlook Web Access

Post by Dietmar Leibec » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:58:35

Hi there,

I'm having strange problems accessing my Exchange mailbox via Outlook
Web Access. MS Internet Explorer 5.5 displays the Outlook Web screen
without any data items (e-mail, calender, tasks etc.) in it.
Everything seems to be ok and there is no error or warning message.
OTOH Netscape 6.1 displays all data items, but trying to access an
item leads to an error message "Forbidden - Access denied from Access
Control List".

The workstation is running under Windows 2000 SP 2 and I don't have
admin rights for my account.

Any input welcome!?!?

TIA,

   Dietmar

problems accessing Outlook Web Access

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 02:42:53

Quote:> Hi there,

> I'm having strange problems accessing my Exchange mailbox via Outlook
> Web Access. MS Internet Explorer 5.5 displays the Outlook Web screen
> without any data items (e-mail, calender, tasks etc.) in it.
> Everything seems to be ok and there is no error or warning message.
> OTOH Netscape 6.1 displays all data items, but trying to access an
> item leads to an error message "Forbidden - Access denied from Access
> Control List".

> The workstation is running under Windows 2000 SP 2 and I don't have
> admin rights for my account.

> Any input welcome!?!?

> TIA,

>    Dietmar

Hello Dietmar,

From this information it sounds like some of the asp files for exchange may
have had their ntfs permissions changed. Is this something that could have
happened? Are you running urlscan or any other security tools on the iis
portion of the server? This URL may help you troubleshoot it further:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/exchange/content/whitepapers/owa....
doc

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

1. Outlook Web Access problems-Access Forbidden

I keep getting Access Forbidden everytime a try to use Web access to get
mail . When I enter http://Myserver/exchange  i get the HTTP/1.1 403 Access
Forbidden.
I went to the HTTP Site Settings in the Exchange Administrator, checked
enable protocol and on the permissions page it has everyone entered. What
could be the problem? Please help.

Greg Prostko

2. Security Problems with Outlook Web Access

3. Exchange web access tool other than Outlook Web access

4. Customize Size Limit Warning Message?

5. Cant access the Mail server with Outlook Web Access

6. How to import exchange directory into Outlook/Internet

7. accessing outlook web access

8. relay for trouble

9. Outlook Web Access doesnt allow access.

10. How to disable Public Folder Access from Outlook Web Access

11. Errors accessing Outlook Web Access Attachments

12. Restricting Access Through Outlook Web Access

13. Cannot access Outlook Web Access or any ASP files