i'm just trying to batch add a user and assign a mailbox
to the user... previous postings have lead me to the
ldifde tool. but it doesnt seem to work as advertised.
1. i create a user account using the MMC and give it an
exchange mail box.
2. i use ldifde and export all accounts to a file
D:>ldifde -f users.ldf
3. i edit export file users.lsf, using notepad and delete
all but the exported entries except for the one i just
created in step 2.
4. i delete the user manually using the MMC GUI tool.
5. i then import the file using the -i option for the same
6. i get the following error below:
D:\>ldifde -i -f users.ldf
Connecting to "mail.minervanetworks.com"
Logging in as current user using SSPI
Importing directory from file "users.ldf"
Add error on line 1: Unwilling To Perform
The server side error is "Access to the attribute is not
permitted because the attribute is owned by the Security
Accounts Manager (SAM)."
0 entries modified successfully.
An error has occurred in the program
How do you import a user and give him an exchange mailbox
BTW, i search techNet and couldnt find any VBSscript to
add a user and give him an exchange mail box. There's one
to add a user, but there's no example on how to give the
user an exchange mailbox.
Any hint would greatly be appreciated. Thanks,