trouble with ldifde import

Post by nanc » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:26:08

hi all,

i'm just trying to batch add a user and assign a mailbox
to the user... previous postings have lead me to the
ldifde tool.  but it doesnt seem to work as advertised.

1. i create a user account using the MMC and give it an
exchange mail box.

2. i use ldifde and export all accounts to a file
  D:>ldifde -f users.ldf

3. i edit export file users.lsf, using notepad and delete
all but the exported entries except for the one i just
created in step 2.

4. i delete the user manually using the MMC GUI tool.

5. i then import the file using the -i option for the same
file.

6. i get the following error below:

D:\>ldifde -i -f users.ldf
 Connecting to "mail.minervanetworks.com"
 Logging in as current user using SSPI
 Importing directory from file "users.ldf"
 Add error on line 1: Unwilling To Perform
 The server side error is "Access to the attribute is not
permitted because the attribute is owned by the Security
Accounts Manager (SAM)."
 0 entries modified successfully.
 An error has occurred in the program

How do you import a user and give him an exchange mailbox
using ldifde?

BTW, i search techNet and couldnt find any VBSscript to
add a user and give him an exchange mail box. There's one
to add a user, but there's no example on how to give the
user an exchange mailbox.

Any hint would greatly be appreciated.  Thanks,

Nancy

trouble with ldifde import

Post by Andy Web » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:28:57

ldifde can't add the mailbox.

msdn is where the code samples are.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wss/...
o_imailboxstore_createmailbox.asp

-- ...there was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom... --

Quote:> hi all,

> i'm just trying to batch add a user and assign a mailbox
> to the user... previous postings have lead me to the
> ldifde tool.  but it doesnt seem to work as advertised.

> 1. i create a user account using the MMC and give it an
> exchange mail box.

> 2. i use ldifde and export all accounts to a file
>   D:>ldifde -f users.ldf

> 3. i edit export file users.lsf, using notepad and delete
> all but the exported entries except for the one i just
> created in step 2.

> 4. i delete the user manually using the MMC GUI tool.

> 5. i then import the file using the -i option for the same
> file.

> 6. i get the following error below:

> D:\>ldifde -i -f users.ldf
>  Connecting to "mail.minervanetworks.com"
>  Logging in as current user using SSPI
>  Importing directory from file "users.ldf"
>  Add error on line 1: Unwilling To Perform
>  The server side error is "Access to the attribute is not
> permitted because the attribute is owned by the Security
> Accounts Manager (SAM)."
>  0 entries modified successfully.
>  An error has occurred in the program

> How do you import a user and give him an exchange mailbox
> using ldifde?

> BTW, i search techNet and couldnt find any VBSscript to
> add a user and give him an exchange mail box. There's one
> to add a user, but there's no example on how to give the
> user an exchange mailbox.

> Any hint would greatly be appreciated.  Thanks,

> Nancy

1. Unable to import users to AD via LDIFDE

Not sure this is the right news group. I export users from
AD and change the username, i.e the CN part from existing
user to a new one, but when I tried to import, it always
complained about

Add error on line 1: Unwilling To Perform
The server side error is "Access to the attribute is not
permitted because the a
ttribute is owned by the Security Accounts Manager (SAM)."
0 entries modified successfully.

I login as administrator and I can export user from this
domain.

Any ideas ??

-- sherry

2. MSExchangeDSAccess ID 2061

3. Importing into AD using 'ldifde' utility

4. MS Exchange Problem?

5. LDIFDE Import Error?

6. Load Simulator 5.5

7. Import of mail-enabled users using LDIFDE

8. Recovering PST Password

9. how can i use ldifde to import accounts

10. Bulk create import ldifde

11. using ldifde to import primary email address

12. LDIFDE Import Error?

13. Ldifde Import - parameter error