Getting Started with Exchange

Post by Andrew Meree » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:34:34

I have no experience with Exchange Server 5.5. I have it
installed on a machine I am using as a server, running
Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I was wondering if there is a
website that has a step by step instruction guide on how to
create a simple mailbox for email for one person? I will
eventually be hosting my own website on this server and I
also want to use it as a mail server as well. I already
have IIS configured and working properly. Now I just need
to get email working on it before I register a domain. Any
suggestions would be great.

Getting Started with Exchange

Post by Martin Blackstone [MVP - Exchange » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 00:16:01

You should get a book. I like Jim McBee's Exchange Server 5.5 24 Seven.
Thats what I started with.

You may also want to search Technet

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Quote:> I have no experience with Exchange Server 5.5. I have it
> installed on a machine I am using as a server, running
> Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I was wondering if there is a
> website that has a step by step instruction guide on how to
> create a simple mailbox for email for one person? I will
> eventually be hosting my own website on this server and I
> also want to use it as a mail server as well. I already
> have IIS configured and working properly. Now I just need
> to get email working on it before I register a domain. Any
> suggestions would be great.

Getting Started with Exchange

Post by Bill Grauer [MSFT » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 02:22:47

Andrew,

The Microsoft Exchange Administrator Help has what your
looking for.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have no experience with Exchange Server 5.5. I have it
>installed on a machine I am using as a server, running
>Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I was wondering if there
is a
>website that has a step by step instruction guide on how
>create a simple mailbox for email for one person? I will
>eventually be hosting my own website on this server and I
>also want to use it as a mail server as well. I already
>have IIS configured and working properly. Now I just need
>to get email working on it before I register a domain.
Any
>suggestions would be great.
>.

Getting Started with Exchange

Post by Toppe » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 05:28:25

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/en/55/help/default.asp?
url=/exchange/en/55/help/documents/quick_setup/XQIMI001.HTM

Quote:>-----Original Message-----