Backup Error !?? exchange 2000 + arcserve 2000

Backup Error !?? exchange 2000 + arcserve 2000

Post by Mikky Mout » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:32:25



Hi,
when i run a backup of my exchange 2000 server, the
error "E8604 - Failed to Start Backup, dbname=DBAEXCH EC=
Dbagent Error(331) Insufficient Privilege." appears. The
account I used for the backup is an Administrator and
Backup Operator, and the password is correct. What is
wrong?
(But the Backup is Running)
Mikky
 
 
 

Backup Error !?? exchange 2000 + arcserve 2000

Post by Neil Hobso » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:00:33


Are you doing a brick level (individual mailbox) backup by any chance?  By
default in Exchange 2000, the administrator account (or domain and
enterprise admins) is denied access to all mailboxes - that sounds like what
is happening.

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk


Quote:> Hi,
> when i run a backup of my exchange 2000 server, the
> error "E8604 - Failed to Start Backup, dbname=DBAEXCH EC=
> Dbagent Error(331) Insufficient Privilege." appears. The
> account I used for the backup is an Administrator and
> Backup Operator, and the password is correct. What is
> wrong?
> (But the Backup is Running)
> Mikky


 
 
 

Backup Error !?? exchange 2000 + arcserve 2000

Post by mikky mout » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:33:47


thanks, well check, but how to correct this?
must we give the access rights to every single mailbox, or
what?
greetings mikky

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Are you doing a brick level (individual mailbox) backup
by any chance?  By
>default in Exchange 2000, the administrator account (or
domain and
>enterprise admins) is denied access to all mailboxes -

that sounds like what
>is happening.

>--
>Neil Hobson
>Silversands

>http://www.silversands.co.uk



>> Hi,
>> when i run a backup of my exchange 2000 server, the
>> error "E8604 - Failed to Start Backup, dbname=DBAEXCH
EC=
>> Dbagent Error(331) Insufficient Privilege." appears. The
>> account I used for the backup is an Administrator and
>> Backup Operator, and the password is correct. What is
>> wrong?
>> (But the Backup is Running)
>> Mikky

>.

 
 
 

Backup Error !?? exchange 2000 + arcserve 2000

Post by Neil Hobso » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:40:05


One would hope the Arcserve manuals detail this, but here's useful MS link:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262054

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk


thanks, well check, but how to correct this?
must we give the access rights to every single mailbox, or
what?
greetings mikky

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Are you doing a brick level (individual mailbox) backup
by any chance?  By
>default in Exchange 2000, the administrator account (or
domain and
>enterprise admins) is denied access to all mailboxes -

that sounds like what
>is happening.

>--
>Neil Hobson
>Silversands

>http://www.silversands.co.uk



>> Hi,
>> when i run a backup of my exchange 2000 server, the
>> error "E8604 - Failed to Start Backup, dbname=DBAEXCH
EC=
>> Dbagent Error(331) Insufficient Privilege." appears. The
>> account I used for the backup is an Administrator and
>> Backup Operator, and the password is correct. What is
>> wrong?
>> (But the Backup is Running)
>> Mikky

>.

 
 
 

Backup Error !?? exchange 2000 + arcserve 2000

Post by mikky mout » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 00:26:14


Thanks a lot - the link helps me out fine
we gave the account send and recieve access to all
mailboxes....
greetings from austria
mikky
dvo software

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>One would hope the Arcserve manuals detail this, but

here's useful MS link:

>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262054

>--
>Neil Hobson
>Silversands

>http://www.silversands.co.uk



>thanks, well check, but how to correct this?
>must we give the access rights to every single mailbox, or
>what?
>greetings mikky

>>-----Original Message-----
>>Are you doing a brick level (individual mailbox) backup
>by any chance?  By
>>default in Exchange 2000, the administrator account (or
>domain and
>>enterprise admins) is denied access to all mailboxes -
>that sounds like what
>>is happening.

>>--
>>Neil Hobson
>>Silversands

>>http://www.silversands.co.uk



>>> Hi,
>>> when i run a backup of my exchange 2000 server, the
>>> error "E8604 - Failed to Start Backup, dbname=DBAEXCH
>EC=
>>> Dbagent Error(331) Insufficient Privilege." appears.
The
>>> account I used for the backup is an Administrator and
>>> Backup Operator, and the password is correct. What is
>>> wrong?
>>> (But the Backup is Running)
>>> Mikky

>>.

>.

 
 
 

1. ARCserve 2000 to backup Exchange 2000

My backup job is reported as "Backup Operation Incomplete"
From the log it shows all the files/drive that I chose is backuped up
including the Exchange 2000 Information store and Mailbox (brick level)

However, in the beginning 2 lines of the backup log, the below messages show

AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaexchis
AW0000 Skip invalid shared or volume dbaxchg2

and the operation is incompleted. No other error messages are reported.

Is this a bug from E2K or ARCserve ?

2. SMS Alerts in Exchange 2003

3. Backup Failures: Exchange 2000 w/ ArcServe 2000

4. Exchange Client Extensions

5. ARCserve 2000 to backup Exchange 2000

6. number of mailboxes on server

7. HELP!!! Exchange Server DOWN!! Its MONDAY!

8. ARCserve 2000 Exchange 2000 Agent installation error 1314

9. ARCServe 2000 Exchange aware? Exchange 5.5 backup plan

10. Using Arcserve to backup Exchange 2000

11. Problem with ArcServe 2000 Exchange Backup Agent

12. Exchange 5.5 IS Backup with Arcserve 2000 (7.0)