Event Viewer Error Event ID 9543

Post by Jason William » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 04:18:59

I am trying to mail enable a public folder in Exchange2K and I am getting
the following event id in the event viewer.  The description states....

Unable to create Public Folder proxy object for folder "test" in the Active
Directory.

I did some searches on Microsoft's website and it talked about an issue that
is resolved in Win2k SP2.  I am running Win2k SP3 so I'm not sure why this
would be happening.  The article mentioned restarting the Exchange services,
rebooting the box and running domainprep as possible workarounds.  I tried
the first two and didn't have any luck.  I have not tried domainprep yet but
I was hoping to get some feedback as to whether or not this will help.  Has
anyone else run into this and what was the resolution?

Jason

Post by Bryan Nyc » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:49:10

> I am trying to mail enable a public folder in Exchange2K and I am
> getting the following event id in the event viewer.  The description
> states....

> Unable to create Public Folder proxy object for folder "test" in the
> Active Directory.
> For more information, click
> http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

> I did some searches on Microsoft's website and it talked about an
> issue that is resolved in Win2k SP2.  I am running Win2k SP3 so I'm
> not sure why this would be happening.  The article mentioned
> restarting the Exchange services, rebooting the box and running
> domainprep as possible workarounds.  I tried the first two and didn't
> have any luck.  I have not tried domainprep yet but I was hoping to
> get some feedback as to whether or not this will help.  Has anyone
> else run into this and what was the resolution?

> Jason

Maybe these will help:
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9543&source=

Bryan Nyce

1. ERROR 9543 EVENT VIEWER

In the app event viewer i receice the following error
every 15 mins.

source msexchangeis
eventid 9543

Unable to create Public Folder proxy object for
folder "Default" in the Active Directory.

I have tried  to stop and restart services and I have
tried setup /domainprep as per microsoft knowledgebase.

This happen after I have moved exchange 2000 server to a
new exchange 2000 server.

2. outlook stops responding while moving mails to another folder

3. A lot of Event ID : 9318 and Event ID 9277 in event viewer

4. Correct way to restore exchange mailboxes with Backupexec 8.6

5. Event ID 9543 Source ExchangeIS

6. Searching the Exchange 5.5 Information Store for a sender's address

7. Event ID 9543

8. Append Disclaimers to Exchange Emails - Update

9. Event ID 9543 Source ExchangeIS

10. Event ID 9543

11. Microsoft Exchange Event ID:64 Event ID 1025 Event ID 1107

12. Event Id 25, Event Id 11, Event Id 5004,