Editing the Global address list from the client

Editing the Global address list from the client

Post by bheim.removet.. » Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:14:16

I want to be able to edit my exchange users on the Global
address list from the Client rather than the server.

Is there a way to do this.

Information such as Phone numbers, etc.

I have found a tool to edit my own, but I need to access
the whole thing.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Brian

Editing the Global address list from the client

Post by Chad » Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:57:58

There is a GAL web tool that is included with the back
office resource kit.  It is very easy to setup.  It is a
web page that allows you to search to GAL and edit most of
the user information.  Users have the ablility to modify
only there information but admins can modify all users.

Hope this helps.
Chad

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I want to be able to edit my exchange users on the Global
>address list from the Client rather than the server.

>Is there a way to do this.

>Information such as Phone numbers, etc.

>I have found a tool to edit my own, but I need to access
>the whole thing.

>Any help would be appreciated.
>thanks
>Brian
>.

1. Can you edit a Global Address List from a workstation

I was wondering if anyone out there had the answer to this question.  I have
an Exchange server 5.5 (sp3) and Outlook 2000 clients, at the server I have
a couple Global Address lists of customers.  Right now if I need to make a
change to any of the entries in the lists I can only do so at the Server, if
I try to edit at any workstation (or any other workstation) they are all
greyed out (non-editable).  I have full administrators rights and have given
myself full rights to that group.  I can also see, copy and delete from the
Exchange directory.

Is this even possible to do?

Thanks

2. IMAP

3. user edit own information in global address list

4. Mail from one Exch to other in same LAN.

5. Can you edit an entrie in a Global Address list from a workstation

6. ERROR C0048108 ?

7. Editing Global Address List

8. Help w/Exchange 4.0 IMC problem

9. Editing global address list

10. Editing Global Address List Properties

11. How to edit view in Global Address List?

12. Edit Global Address List

13. How do I edit the Global Address List?