recipient update service not working

Post by Rob » Sun, 25 May 2003 04:38:17

I have two Win2000 domains, one parent and one child. I
have Exchange 2000 installed in the parent domain and want
to be able to create mailboxes for users in the child
domain. I have run domainprep on the child domain and I
have delegated full administrative rights to the admin of
the child domain and I have installed system manager in
the child domain. However, when I run recipient update
service on the Exchange 2000 server I get an error message
saying that domainprep has not been run.

Any suggestions?

recipient update service not working

Post by Leif Pederse » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 03:47:05

Hi,

Have you created a recipient update service for the child domain?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;266151

leif

1. Recipient Update Service Not working Correctly.

I recently added a clustered pair of servers to the organization.  They
joined an existing server.  I moved the recipient update service onto one of
the new servers and when I create a new user with mailbox the RUS doesn't
make the showInAddressBook field on the new object. It will make the
proxyaddress change but not the showInAddressBook.

If I do a rebuild then showInAddressBook appears and all works perfectly.
If I do a forced update nothing futher happens and the showInAddressBook
remains missing.

I have on all the logging I can think of using and not finding the clues I
need to solve. Any Ideas?

2. Remove recipeints from address book views

3. AD not being updated correctly by Recipient Update Service

4. Mount fails... then works.... then fails and wont start again.

5. Recipient update services can't work

6. Trying to remove the first exchange 2000 server in my site

7. Recipient update services can't work!

8. how to move mail box to another recipients container

9. Recipient update services can't work

10. Recipient Update Policy does not work

11. Recipient update does not work

12. Recipient Update Service NOT populating LDAP showInAddressBook

13. DC not visible in Recipient Update Service