Recipient Policy Update

Post by Battybo » Sun, 26 May 2002 18:27:25

Hi,

Have an exchange server with several smtp domains.
Accounts were copied from old exchange server and pst
files were imported in with exmerge.

now recipient policy only updates NEW accounts, and not
the accounts copied from old server.

All account are found in policy filter.

I have startet a rebuild in exchange system admini and
recipient update service...not noticed any results jet.

Recipient Policy Update

Post by Ronen Gabba » Sun, 26 May 2002 18:53:38

Hi
Verify that the "update email address based on recipient policy "
checkbox is checked for those recipients in the Active Directory
under each user properties email address tab.

Second when creating the new address you got a popup message
asking if to update the mail address for the existing recipients you should
have said yes , No is only to update the mail address for new recipients.

--
Please do not send email directly to this alias.

Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
Hi-Tech College
ISRAEL

Quote:> Hi,

> Have an exchange server with several smtp domains.
> Accounts were copied from old exchange server and pst
> files were imported in with exmerge.

> now recipient policy only updates NEW accounts, and not
> the accounts copied from old server.

> All account are found in policy filter.

> I have startet a rebuild in exchange system admini and
> recipient update service...not noticed any results jet.

1. Email addresses not updated in AD, even after manual Recipient Policy update

I have created several new users for a new company we
have.  In the process I allowed Active Directory wizard
to create their mailboxes as well.  After over twenty
minutes, I could still not see their email addresses in
ADUC.  I checked the recipient update policy, which was
set to always run, and I also forced it to update now.
After ten minutes I still have no email addresses
showing.

I checked the event viewer and found an event related to
the Address List, but neither the KB nor eventid.net have
any documentation on it.

Hopefully someone else can provide some guidance.

Thank you,

Garry

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeAL
Event Category: Address List Synchronization
Event ID:       8331
Date:           2/14/2003
Time:           11:06:00 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       VCWH
The service threw an unexpected exception which was
caught at y:\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4664)

For more information, click

2. Public folder problem with upgrade

3. Clearing Automatically Update email policies based on recipient policies in code

4. deleteing mail hangs

5. Recipient Policy (RUS Update)

6. Exchange 2000 How Do I Export the Entire Global Address List (GAL)

7. recipient policies not updating

8. Outlook Express to Exchange Address Book Transfer

9. Recipient Policies not Updating AD Accounts

10. Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy

11. Recipient Policies based on groups not updating

12. Recipient Policies: Not Updating AD Accounts

13. Recipient policies not updating properly?