User calendar in OWA

Post by STEPHEN COO » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 04:21:49

I work in a Win2K domain with a trusting NT4 domain that host the exchange
5.5 servers.  The Win2K domain handles authentication and, IIS on my OWA
server is configured to default to the Win2K domain for authentication.
We're running Exchange 5.5 OWA on a Win2K / IIS 5.0 configuration.

Surprisingly all works well except for, the infamous ONE user.

To the best of my knowledge all 8000 user can access their calendars through
OWA except this one.  I've had the user with the calendar problem allow
another user to login to OWA from their workstation while the problem user
was logged into the local workstation with their domain account.  Via the
web interface the second user could access their calendar through OWA on the
problem users workstation.  I think this eliminates the workstation as the
problem.

Since the rest of our Win2K world can access their calendars and this one
user gets a blank page, I have to think it's a user profile issue.  I run
the DMZ based OWA system and don't have exchange admin rights.

Any idea what I should tell the exchange team to look for?

Thanks,  Steve

User calendar in OWA

Post by Steve Pau » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:48:18

When accessing the "bad user's" Calendar via OWA...just a shot... did you go
into OPTIONS, and make sure it is not set to ... "Use Microsoft Schedule+ as
my primary calendar " ...or maybe the user has a calendar setting in that
area that is not correct.

SRP

[...]

Post by Administrato » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 03:04:09

Fire the user

User calendar in OWA

Post by STEPHEN COO » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:16:48

Thanks for the idea, I'll pass it on to desktop support and ask them to
check it out.  Fortunately I don't have to visit the users desk any more.

> When accessing the "bad user's" Calendar via OWA...just a shot... did you
go
> into OPTIONS, and make sure it is not set to ... "Use Microsoft Schedule+
as
> my primary calendar " ...or maybe the user has a calendar setting in that
> area that is not correct.

> SRP

> I work in a Win2K domain with a trusting NT4 domain that host the exchange
> 5.5 servers.  The Win2K domain handles authentication and, IIS on my OWA
> server is configured to default to the Win2K domain for authentication.
> We're running Exchange 5.5 OWA on a Win2K / IIS 5.0 configuration.

> Surprisingly all works well except for, the infamous ONE user.

> To the best of my knowledge all 8000 user can access their calendars
through
> OWA except this one.  I've had the user with the calendar problem allow
> another user to login to OWA from their workstation while the problem user
> was logged into the local workstation with their domain account.  Via the
> web interface the second user could access their calendar through OWA on
the
> problem users workstation.  I think this eliminates the workstation as the
> problem.

> Since the rest of our Win2K world can access their calendars and this one
> user gets a blank page, I have to think it's a user profile issue.  I run
> the DMZ based OWA system and don't have exchange admin rights.

> Any idea what I should tell the exchange team to look for?

> Thanks,  Steve

1. How do I access other users calendars via OWA?

We have a E2k server running on a Win2k box.

I can access other users calendars via OWA by logging in and adding the
following to the URL:

http://servername.domain.net/exchange/firstname_lastname/calendar

The above method works fine.  Is there another way to do it that is quicker.
Also, can it be set up so that when they log in via OWA they have that
person's calendar already listed under their folders?  Thanks in advance...

Brett Brown

2. Exchange user name & domain field empty

3. synchronizing one user's calendar data to another user's calendar

4. Changing OWA URL

5. OWA Calendar link to another users

6. OL97: Exchange Server and SMTP

7. OWA calendar view problem with one user

8. Testing new installation

9. anonymous OWA user can't see calendar folders

10. Using OWA to view user's calendar

11. OWA: open other users calendar and add items (Ex2000)

12. OWA url linking to other users calendar problem

13. restrict calendar for outlook and OWA users?