Can't send messages to certain domain

Post by xx » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 11:39:26

Our exchange server 5.5 sp4 is running on WinNT 4.0 sp6a, we found that we
can't send to certain domain (aol.com), the error message prompted "421
service not available, temporary dns failure".  I check with our ISP, the
DNS lookup is not the problem issue, we can successful lookup mx record for
aol.com domain.

Pls advise how to solve the above problem.

Thanks

Can't send messages to certain domain

Post by Ryan Kinca » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 06:11:48

You may be on a spam list meaning you allow people to relay off of you and
then spammers can use your server to send mail. If yahoo.com and AOL.com
both don't allow you to send to them this is most likely the case. Is this
exch 5.5 or Exch 2000. You need to prohibit relay to authenticated users
only
Ryan Kincaid
Microsoft Messaging Support

Please do not reply directly by email unless asked specifically to do so.
This allows more than one person to answer questions as well as allows us
to review previous posts much more easy.

Common abbreviations that may be found in my posts:
E2K = Exchange 2000
ADC = Active Directory Connector
ESM = Exchange System Manager
AD U&C = Active Directory Users & Computers
OWA = Outlook Web Access

NOTE: Beta products are not supported in the directaccess newsgroups.
Public newsgroups have been provided for this purpose.

Need a answer quick? Most answers can be found in TechNet. Give it a try
today at: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/index/default.asp

Exchange white papers and other useful documents can be found at:
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
| Subject: Can't send messages to certain domain
| Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:39:26 +0800