mailbox limits

Post by Rick Cluc » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 01:20:22

I've instituted mailbox limits on most of our users. Since we have only
about 200 users and we wanted a wide range of limits, I went to each user
individually and set these limits--only warning was selected, I am not
blocking send/receive. About 20 of the users I did not set any limits on.
When I came in this morning, most of the users that I did not set limits on
did not have anything checked, not even use mailbox store defaults, which I
verified was checked yesterday. Has anyone seen this and if nothing is
checked, does it use the mailbox store default? Thanks.

mailbox limits

Post by Dan Cloutie » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 01:56:32

Do you have any System Policy / Mailbox Store policies
defined ?  This could overwrite the store settings...

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I've instituted mailbox limits on most of our users.
Since we have only
>about 200 users and we wanted a wide range of limits, I
went to each user
>individually and set these limits--only warning was
selected, I am not
>blocking send/receive. About 20 of the users I did not
set any limits on.
>When I came in this morning, most of the users that I did
not set limits on
>did not have anything checked, not even use mailbox store
defaults, which I
>verified was checked yesterday. Has anyone seen this and
if nothing is
>checked, does it use the mailbox store default? Thanks.

>.

1. Mailbox Limit Exceeded / Message Length Exceeds Administrative Limit

I have just installed a new Server/Exchange 2000 server a
problem has developed on certain user accounts that when
you send a email to that user, it is returned saying that
their mailbox is full or message length exceeds
administative limit. When in fact the user is bringing all
their mail to a local .pst file.
If you browse the mail box on the client pc it shows that
there is no mail there and all items are stored in their
personal folder. If you use the exchange server manager
and look at the users mailbox,it registers there, that it
has 30 meg in it and 315 items.

Can any one shed any light as to why it is doing this, the
default storage mailbox limits have been set to 20MB and
the maximum send and receive is set at 5MB. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

2. Email to Public Folder

3. Public Folder and mailbox limit limited to 2 GB

4. Upgrading Exchange 4.0 to 5.0

5. MailBox Storage Shows Incorrect Size -- ( MailBox Limit )

6. Public folder with email address, how do i reply as it?

7. What to do with archive files in imcdata ?

8. Mailbox Limits / IMS mailbox

9. Modify mailbox limit message

10. Setting mailbox limit

11. Mailbox limits