Inform certain users of Company Calendar entries

Inform certain users of Company Calendar entries

Post by Oliver Marshal » Wed, 09 Jan 2002 20:24:08

Is it possible to have Exchange 5.5 inform certain users via email when
someone posts an entry to the Company Calendar public folder ???

Olly

Inform certain users of Company Calendar entries

Post by ROU Dead of Nigh » Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:26:29

Yes, you need to run a script against the relevant public folder.

It requires some programming.

Or if you put the calendar on the Outlook Shortcuts Bar, it will indicate
whenever there are unread items in the folder.

Or they could just look in the Calendar.....

Quote:> Is it possible to have Exchange 5.5 inform certain users via email when
> someone posts an entry to the Company Calendar public folder ???

> Olly

Inform certain users of Company Calendar entries

Post by Oliver Marshal » Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:50:59

They swear blind that they used to recieve an email from the server to tell
them of this. I cant find any sign of other scripts or addons on the server
that would do this.

So exchange doesnt support this ?

Olly

> Yes, you need to run a script against the relevant public folder.

> It requires some programming.

> Or if you put the calendar on the Outlook Shortcuts Bar, it will indicate
> whenever there are unread items in the folder.

> Or they could just look in the Calendar.....

> > Is it possible to have Exchange 5.5 inform certain users via email when
> > someone posts an entry to the Company Calendar public folder ???

> > Olly

Inform certain users of Company Calendar entries

Post by ROU Dead of Nigh » Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:50:26

Exchange *does* support this.

From
http://www.wrconsulting.com/Software/Publications/Exchange/Scripting/...
tm

=====================
Folder scripting is a technology to implement Exchange Server based workflow
applications. This feature of Microsoft Exchange Server (first appeared in
version 5.5) allows to write VBScripted code and associate it with several
events happening in a folder. For example, you can create a script that will
send a reply message when users post messages to a folder.

Scripts may be associated with private Exchange server folders (mailboxes)
as well as with public folders. The following types if events can fire up a
script: timer events, posting, editing or deleting a message. Collaboration
Data Objects may be used within scripts. You may get access to Exchange
Server services through them.

I don't know of any other way of doing this.  If your users insist it 'used'
to happen, I would investigate the existence of a script on this folder.