Accessing Exchange server remotely using Outlook web access

Accessing Exchange server remotely using Outlook web access

Post by Myka » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:06:32

Hallo,
I have set up Outlook web access on the same server with
Exchange 5.5 and windows NT Backup domain controller &
RAS. Locally, Outlook web access is running fine, but from
a remote site, I am only able to be authenticated but
can't be able to browse the mailboxes.  What may be the
problem?

Accessing Exchange server remotely using Outlook web access

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:52:38

Have you checked for Log On Locally rights?
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hallo,
>I have set up Outlook web access on the same server with
>Exchange 5.5 and windows NT Backup domain controller &
>RAS. Locally, Outlook web access is running fine, but
from
>a remote site, I am only able to be authenticated but
>can't be able to browse the mailboxes.  What may be the
>problem?
>.

Accessing Exchange server remotely using Outlook web access

Post by Myka » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:40:49

Hallo,
More help needed please.
I have 'log on locally' right added to Anonymous Internet
Account and administrators at the server

Accessing Exchange server remotely using Outlook web access

Post by Susan VanAlle » Sun, 24 Mar 2002 01:48:50

Hi Mykal,

Every user who will access OWA must have log on locally rights for the OWA
server. The anonymous internet account is irrelevant, as they are logging on
to Exchange, which requires user account authentication as per the mailbox
properties. If not everyone will have OWA access, you can create a new group
called OWA users, give it log on locally rights, then add the users who
require access to this group.
--
Susan VanAllen
Systems Administrator