Time-stamp on internet mail

Post by Mohit Chad » Wed, 23 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I use Outlook 97 with Exchange Server 4.0; I also use the Internet
Mail service for dial-up connections to my ISP (Netcom).  When the
default message store was a PST, all internet mail retrieved through
my ISP had the correct time-stamp (which was the time the email was
actually received at my ISP).

I then changed the delivery folder to my Exchange Server mailbox and
removed the PST (since I'm using an Offline Folder now for
synchronization).  All internet mail now is time-stamped with the time
I actually retrieve the mail off my ISP, not the original time it was
received.

Why does this happen, and more importantly, is there a way I can reset
this?  Thanks very much!!

(I'd appreciate a copy to email on any replies)

1. Time-stamp on internet mail

I use Outlook 97 with Exchange Server 4.0; I also use the Internet
Mail service for dial-up connections to my ISP (Netcom).  When the
default message store was a PST, all internet mail retrieved through
my ISP had the correct time-stamp (which was the time the email was
actually received at my ISP).

I then changed the delivery folder to my Exchange Server mailbox and
removed the PST (since I'm using an Offline Folder now for
synchronization).  All internet mail now is time-stamped with the time
I actually retrieve the mail off my ISP, not the original time it was
received.

Why does this happen, and more importantly, is there a way I can reset
this?  Thanks very much!!

(I'd appreciate a copy to email on any replies)

2. Upgrading from 5.0 Beta

3. Internet mail date/time stamps are bogus

4. Mail Transport for Exchange

5. 5.5 -. 2k migration and public folder replication

6. Restoring mailboxes on Exchange 4.0?

7. Wrong Time Stamp on Messaging Internet Mail Info

8. Internet mail date/time stamps are bogus

9. Incorrect time on meeting request and incorrect time stamp

10. Exchange 5.5 incoming time stamp wrong time