Securing access to remote mail

Post by Balam A. Willemse » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm currently running Exchange 5.5 (no SP)/IIS 3.0 and want to secure my
IMAP and OWA connections to the server using SSL. I obtained a test
certificate from Verisign and connected it to the IMAP port in Key manager
and everything seems right, however Netscape 4.0x doesn't want to connect
with itusing IMAP/SSL. I can turn of SSL, and that works. Yes, it's enabled
in Exchange.

What am I doing wrong? How can I diagnose this before my test certificate
expires? (I've tried telnetting to port 993 and the connection is dropped
immediately). Could it somehow be related to the fact that I'm running
Proxy Server 2.0 on the box as well?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Balam