Information Store(5.0) size limit workaround URGENT

Information Store(5.0) size limit workaround URGENT

Post by nathan holma » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

URGENT

We have reached our information store size limit.  The IS service wont
start now.  Is there any workaround so that I can start the service to
delete some mail / mailboxes.

We were planning to upgrade to 5.5 tonight.

Thanks for your help

Nathan Holman
Network Administrator
Radiant Systems

Information Store(5.0) size limit workaround URGENT

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> URGENT

> We have reached our information store size limit.  The IS service wont
> start now.  Is there any workaround so that I can start the service to
> delete some mail / mailboxes.

        If you can start the SA and DS services, try running EDBUTIL /D /PRIV (or
/PUB) and see if the resulting defrag takes you down below the limit.
Assuming that there's at least SOME white space (and I'd find it hard to
belive there isn't some in a 16GB database), you should see a reduction in
database size.  Of course, before you try anything, make a backup copy of
the databases, JUST IN CASE....

Information Store(5.0) size limit workaround URGENT

Post by David Rubi » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

And keep in mind that it will probably be a day or two before you are
able to see this database again.  This is realistic since it takes so
long for a backup and defrag.

Cheers,

David rubino

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 08:52:11 -0800, "Amiri Jones"

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>URGENT

A newsgroup is hardly the place to ask an URGENT question! There's no
guarantee of even GETTING an answer, let alone a timely one.

Quote:>We have reached our information store size limit.  The IS service wont
>start now.  Is there any workaround so that I can start the service to
>delete some mail / mailboxes.

>We were planning to upgrade to 5.5 tonight.

I realize it's probably too late, but do you really mean that your IS
is completely full and is 16GB in size? Or have you only run out of
room on the current volume to accomodate any more log files?

1. Information Store(5.0) size limit workaround URGENT

URGENT

We have reached our information store size limit.  The IS service wont
start now.  Is there any workaround so that I can start the service to
delete some mail / mailboxes.

We were planning to upgrade to 5.5 tonight.

Thanks for your help

Nathan Holman
Network Administrator
Radiant Systems

2. Exchange 2000 rules

3. Date formatting using data formatting expression in datagrid

4. Exchange 5.5 Information store size/Mailbox size limits

5. Moving Public Folders

6. Information Store Size Limit

7. Moving a Mailbox to another Site?

8. Exchange 2000 Information Store size limit

9. Information Store limit / Maximum Size

10. Information Store Size Limit

11. Exchange 2000 have size limit on information store?

12. Size Limit on the Private Information Store