Import dbase information into a Exchange addressbook

Import dbase information into a Exchange addressbook

Post by Pete » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

IS there a way to import some dbase information into a Exchange addressbook (name address city email fax etc...)
It would be nice if this could be a realtime connection between the dbase file and a addressbook file or folder.

Peter

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

> IS there a way to import some dbase information into a Exchange addressbook (name address city email fax etc...)

Go to
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG
and search for
XADM bulk
about All products
against Full text

Quote:

> It would be nice if this could be a realtime connection between the dbase file and a addressbook file or folder.

See
www.slipstick.com

Quote:

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

Import dbase information into a Exchange addressbook

Post by Ed Crowle » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

If you can export your database into a flat comma-separated-value file, then
you can import the information into Exchange.  I have not found this to be
completely straightforward, however, since the information in the two
databases (your DBase and Exchange's directory) seldom have consistent keys.
I have found that I had to write a rather complicated program in Visual
Basic to reconcile the data.  If you want to go the route or writing such a
program, then you can read and write into your Exchange directory using
ADSI, that is, if you're running version 5.5.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Senior Consultant

Quote:> IS there a way to import some dbase information into a Exchange

addressbook (name address city email fax etc...)
Quote:> It would be nice if this could be a realtime connection between the dbase