change domains

Post by jeff wilso » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 03:29:50

I would like to know how to move a exchange 5.5 server
from one domain to another domain.

change domains

Post by MIchael Abbaticchi » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 03:45:20

Are you planning on leaving the old domain around with a
full trust?  If not you will need to change your site
services account.  Microsft has a white paper on doing
this.  Start at my site, http://www.exchangemvp.com and
from there, click on the link that takes you to
Microsoft's site, where the white papers for Exchange
are.  Once you are comfortable with this, you can
proceed.  Remember not to break the trust between the old
domain and the new one, before you have completed the
procedure to change/add site services account.  The only
exception, would be when your Exchange server is also the
PDC.

Michael Abbaticchio
MVP for Exchange Server
http://www.exchangemvp.com

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I would like to know how to move a exchange 5.5 server
>from one domain to another domain.
>.

1. Multiple Domains / Change Domain name

Hi, Could anyone tell me how to add another domain to an exchange server. Or
Change the current domain.

IE.

Our W2K domain is called jams.local - so the exchange is not receiving
emails as it is not jams.com.au. We can not re-install AD.. Is there anyway
to configure exchange to receive our jams.com.au email without having to
re-install AD?

Thanks

2. Why do all my users have the ability to update any distribution list?

3. Changing domain password through IIS/OWA

4. Transfer mail from Isp to local server

5. changing domains

6. installing Service pack 3

7. change domain names and keep E2K mailboxes?

8. Mail Delivery problem - multiple servers

9. Changing Domain Name

10. Changing Domain Controller

11. Changing domain controller used by Exchange server

12. Need to change domain name

13. Cannot change domain password from Outlook 2000