Mail names

Post by Andrea Gall » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 02:07:46

Hallo, I've got a customer who uses Exchange 2000 server and Windows 2000
Server SP3. He choose to use generic names for users (like Administration,
Sells, Tecnician, Boss, and so on), and every one has his own email address.
Now he wants that when they send a mail, the recipient does NOT see

like: Donald Duck - Company.
Is it possible doing something like that ? What should I change ? Or should
I simply create some new users and migrate mailboxes ?

Thanks in advance to everybody,

Andrea Galli

Mail names

Post by MV » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 18:11:40

>Hallo, I've got a customer who uses Exchange 2000 server and Windows 2000
>Server SP3. He choose to use generic names for users (like Administration,
>Sells, Tecnician, Boss, and so on), and every one has his own email address.
>Now he wants that when they send a mail, the recipient does NOT see

>like: Donald Duck - Company.
>Is it possible doing something like that ? What should I change ? Or should
>I simply create some new users and migrate mailboxes ?

>Thanks in advance to everybody,

>Andrea Galli

Changing the Display Name of the mail account will help. If the
recipient isn't email savvy then that should suffice, but to do it
properly you'll need to change the primary smtp addresses of the
accounts involved.

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Mail names

Post by Trond Hindene » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:13:02

Use the Recipient Policy to generate correct email addresses. From here you
can generate emails from full name, firstname.lastname, alias or whatever.

> >Hallo, I've got a customer who uses Exchange 2000 server and Windows 2000
> >Server SP3. He choose to use generic names for users (like
Administration,
> >Sells, Tecnician, Boss, and so on), and every one has his own email
address.
> >Now he wants that when they send a mail, the recipient does NOT see

> >like: Donald Duck - Company.
> >Is it possible doing something like that ? What should I change ? Or
should
> >I simply create some new users and migrate mailboxes ?

> >Thanks in advance to everybody,

> >Andrea Galli

> Changing the Display Name of the mail account will help. If the
> recipient isn't email savvy then that should suffice, but to do it
> properly you'll need to change the primary smtp addresses of the
> accounts involved.

> FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm &
> http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

1. E-mail naming problem.

        Greetings!

I've got a problem with the E-mail addresses coming form my Exchnage
server.

Currently... I use Outlook 2002 as an Exchange Client to send E-mail

Sending E-mail works fine. But my address is displayed like this..

How do I change this?

Thanks

2. Help with remote outlook

3. restrict posting to public folder by IP or e-mail name

4. Moving Exchange 2000 from one server to another.

5. E-mail names

6. user resource Exchange

7. Mail name

8. The message contains a content type that is not supported

9. Outgoing e-mail name

10. e-mail names

11. Automatic e-mail name recognition

12. Customizing Internet e-mail naming