Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 having IIS problems

Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 having IIS problems

Post by Russ » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 03:48:34

Hello.

We just upgraded to Windows 2000 Advance Server... everything is running great,
except a few users are not allowed to log into their mail via Outlook Web
Access.  It is like they are using the wrong password.  However; when you put
them into the Domain Admin group, then they are able to log in.  Any ideas?

-r

Post by Mark Arnol » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 04:13:01

>Hello.

>We just upgraded to Windows 2000 Advance Server... everything is running great,
>except a few users are not allowed to log into their mail via Outlook Web
>Access.  It is like they are using the wrong password.  However; when you put
>them into the Domain Admin group, then they are able to log in.  Any ideas?

>-r

Make sure they've got the right to log on locally
Mark Arnold

Before U post... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

1. Having Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 in a Windows 2000 domain

We are currently in the process of upgrading a Windows NT 4 domain to
Windows 2000.  We plan on upgrading the Windows NT 4 PDC to Windows
2000, and then introducing a second Windows 2000 server to be another
Domain Controller.

Here's where it gets tricky.  We have a NT 4 Member server in the NT 4
domain that is running Exchange 5.5.  How will this bugger handle the
rest of the domain becoming Windows 2K, but it staying NT4 and
Exchange 5.5?  We are hoping it will all be gravy (possibly having to
reassign the mailboxes to the new AD users, not sure), but we would
like a second opinion...

Thanks, roll out is this weekend if anyone knows...

2. e-mail 550 relaying error

3. Exchange 5.5 OWA on separate Windows 2000/IIS 5.0 Server

4. One Exchange server for two IP addresses

5. Exchange Server OWA 5.5 on Windows 2000 IIS

6. How to Retrieve Exchange Server Data

7. OWA for 5.5 on Windows 2000 IIS server

8. SMTP Failure to One Location Only

9. Windows 2000 AD, Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 and OWA

10. Migrating 5.5 exchange server Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000

11. Serious Exchange 5.5 / Windows 2000 Server problem

12. Problem to delete an Exchange 5.5 server on a Windows 2000 domain